I have officially kicked my own BUTT!

Options
So my triumph on my gazelle yesterday has kicked my *kitten* today.....literally, my *kitten* is sore........I am sitting on frozen peas.....

Has anyone else gone throught he aches of working out in the beginning? My lower back hurts too.....I am wondering if I over did things? I have an old injury....I have a twisted pelvis, which has grown that way due to a major car accident 20 years ago. This injury went unchecked for so long that my body grew as if the twist was normal, hence I have a shorter hamstring on one side....have not had a flair up for years. This affects my enitre lower back. I feel soreness in that region, but I also feel that "uh oh I am stuck down here" feeling and look like a rickety old woman when I try to stand straight rom a sitting position.

Now personally, I feel the aches are alright.....more soreness in muscles I have not used in years....my honey thinks I should not excercise today. So I am takeing suggestions this morning?

Workout or not............

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    So my triumph on my gazelle yesterday has kicked my *kitten* today.....literally, my *kitten* is sore........I am sitting on frozen peas.....

Has anyone else gone throught he aches of working out in the beginning? My lower back hurts too.....I am wondering if I over did things? I have an old injury....I have a twisted pelvis, which has grown that way due to a major car accident 20 years ago. This injury went unchecked for so long that my body grew as if the twist was normal, hence I have a shorter hamstring on one side....have not had a flair up for years. This affects my enitre lower back. I feel soreness in that region, but I also feel that "uh oh I am stuck down here" feeling and look like a rickety old woman when I try to stand straight rom a sitting position.

Now personally, I feel the aches are alright.....more soreness in muscles I have not used in years....my honey thinks I should not excercise today. So I am takeing suggestions this morning?

Workout or not............
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    you might need a rest day hun. if you do work out, maybe switch it up and do something else.
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    If ever I saw a candidate for someone who should "Consult a Doctor before starting an exercise regime" it's you. You already have an old pelvis injury and, if I remember correctly, that Gazelle thing is where you scissor your legs? Lower back issues? Get thee to a Dr. girl!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Maybe just do some good ol' fashioned stretching exercises? Or just take it easy and go for a short walk to loosen up some of those tight muscles? Just curious... Have you been checked out by your Doc about your old injury? It might be a good idea to go just to see if there are any exercises that you should or should not be doing... Hope you feel better!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Crapppppp!!! I can't seem to post quickly enough!!! Paulamma, you read my mind!!!:laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Switch up your excercise daily....I get sore too so I take 1 tylenol before workouts
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    U might want to work out it could workout the soreness. Just as long as it is muscle soreness.
    Take it easy and listen to your body, it will tell U when to quit.
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    It is totally normal to be sore, especially if your just starting out. Good job on such a great workout. I would take a day off, that is generally why exercise programs fail, people start out doing to much then just get worn out.
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    If ever I saw a candidate for someone who should "Consult a Doctor before starting an exercise regime" it's you. You already have an old pelvis injury and, if I remember correctly, that Gazelle thing is where you scissor your legs? Lower back issues? Get thee to a Dr. girl!

Yeah I don't have insurance.....so I don't do doctors. I know this sounds bad bad, but this is an injury that has been diagnosed, stretching is the remedy and I have done that. Yes you scissor your legs on the machine.

I don't hurt.......like I injured myself....I am just sore, I think I just haven't used muscles I am using....thinking I may go with Pilates today.............
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If it's ordinary muscle soreness, exercising usually helps mine!

If it's a problem with your spine, I would see a doctor before resuming the Gazelle.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I totally can relate to the muscle tenderness....don't worry, as long as it is only from working out (and from the sounds of it, you've been hitting it pretty hard), the pain will go away. Best rememdy? Hair of the dog that bit you. Oh, and soak in Epsom salt.
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Yeah I am just sore......not really in PAIN. I know my lower back issues, and I know that pain...this is just soreness, that started the minute I started working out (even aerobics/zumba/dancing) I have been sitting on my tuckus so long I think I just lost the muscles in this region "secretary spread" if you will.........flat assitis.....

I am gonna just do a moderate workout today and see how I do, I do notice the soreness in my lower back goes away if I sit up straight.........

hmmmm.