Red Lobster Tips

Options
nakabi
nakabi Posts: 589 Member
Hi,

I was asked if there were any tips for dining at Red Lobster.

I worked as a server there for several years and thought maybe more of you might be interested in the tips below.

Happy dining!

1. When ordering your salad ask them to use the romaine lettuce instead of the iceberg. Ask for extra veggies & dressing on the side if you must use dressing. I always use fresh lemons squeezed on top with some fresh salt/pepper in lieu of the dressing.

2. Go with the steamed broccoli as your side but ask that it not be cooked in butter. If you must have a baked potato, make sure to ask for butter (if needed) on the side.

3. I always ask for a to-go box as soon as I sit down and get my salad, BEFORE the entree comes. That way you aren't tempted to over-eat.

4. If you must have a biscuit, ask for no scampi butter on it. This will cut your calories in almost half. I don't eat them and just tell the server to not bring them. No temptation there :)

5. The "catch of the day" option is one of your best choices, calorie wise, for entrees. The grilled salmon is absolutely delicious and very good for you. Make sure to not get anything with a glaze or cream sauce.
I also like the grilled chicken. My entree usually when I go there is the grilled salmon and I put it on top of a large salad. Top it with some fresh lemon juice..mmmm
Make sure to box half if it as soon as you get it otherwise you probably will end up eating the whole thing :)

6. Tip your server well :) There is nothing more frustrating than being the server who gets a customer that is demanding and special requests everything and then tips you terribly. If you tip well, they will remember and won't mind all the requests and will actually make sure you get nice fresh veggies on your salad.

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    4. If you must have a biscuit, ask for no scampi butter on it. This will cut your calories in almost half. I don't eat them and just tell the server to not bring them. No temptation there :)

Sorry, but there is no resisting the Red Lobster biscuits. :noway:
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options

Sorry, but there is no resisting the Red Lobster biscuits. :noway:

I will eat less of everything else just to have a biscuit. Also, when I get a platter that has shrimp scampi, I use the left over sauce for my crab and not the side of butter that comes with it.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I love Red Lobster!! Can't seem to get people to go with me though :huh: . I can't resist their biscuits though!
    03258 Posts: 60
    Options
    Thanks for all the great tips but I have to agree with MaraDiaz..there is no resisting the Red Lobster biscuits for me. In fact, that is the main reason I go there. LOL
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    MMmmmm Red Lobster biscuits

homer_simpson_drool.jpg
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I would tip my server handsomely to bring *extra* biscuits!!!