Let's Go Sugar-Free - December!

Options
This group was run last month by the lovely dewdrop :flowerforyou: . I haven't seen one created for December, so I took the liberties, since she mentioned the possibility of someone taking over it.

whether you want to go cold turkey or just control the sweets intake,
whether you want to set up an example or just look for support,
whether you have already succeeded at this or want to make a turn,
whether you want to commit for the remaining of the year or set up weekly goals,
whether you have a plan to share or want to take up other's idea,

.... I challenge you to limit the intake of/eliminate sugar from your life ....

...at least for a while :). Set up a goal ("no more then, say, 200cal-worth sweets per day" or "counting the days when I am not having sweets for desert" or "no sweets past 4 p.m.") and then post regularly in this thread to tell us how it goes for you.

Who's in with me? :flowerforyou: We start on December 6th!

Note: this is not a thread on sugar-alternatives. I'd strongly recommend keeping such debates outside of it - if you do want to speak up your mind, please open a new topic and simply link it here. Thank you :wink:.

Replies

• SandyCurrier
    Options
    Hiya =) Im already sugar free...diabetic...
    great idea though!!
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm a sugar addict so if I have a group to increase my will power that would help! I really try to stay away from the stuff
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need some clarification...no sugar..are you referring to processed sugar like cookies, candy, cakes and ice cream? What about sugar from fruits? Are natural sugar from fruit out also? If fruit is ok, I'm in...I have eliminated processed sugar stuff from my diet since May 2011.
  • mom2my5sons
    mom2my5sons Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can count me in! Sugar is my Waterloo :( So here's my goal: I'll limit processed sugar (cake/candy) to once a week. Here goes!!!!!!!
  • MSVICKIE
    MSVICKIE Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ok I'm in. Sweets are my weekness big time & this will help me try to stay on the straight & narrow. :smile:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Here's an example of how last month's group kept track: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/379800-let-s-go-sugar-free
    Hi, I need some clarification...no sugar..are you referring to processed sugar like cookies, candy, cakes and ice cream? What about sugar from fruits? Are natural sugar from fruit out also? If fruit is ok, I'm in...I have eliminated processed sugar stuff from my diet since May 2011.
    FRUITS ARE GOOD!!! :bigsmile: No / limited white sugars, processed sugars, junk foods, pops, candy, cookies, etc, etc, etc. (My main focus will be reducing COOKIES and honey.)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Today's the first day!! :drinker: Report back how you did at the end of the day!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Thanks Steph for getting us started up again. Today might just be successful primarily because I have very little in this house.
    Zaza
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Zaza... Whatever works, :laugh:

Me: 0 ~ Sweets: 1

I ate the exact foods I said I was trying to avoid, but no more are left of the one, so that will definitely help for tomorrow!
  • Samber3
    Samber3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am new to this so i am willing to try anything to move along at a steady constant pace :)
  • zaza54
    Options
    I finally did it!
    Me:1
    Sweets: 0
    Zaza
    P.S. I am definitely putting off baking Christmas cookies!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    yeay, thanks, Steph

I have not been doing too well lately... Maybe I should get back at this? :pondering:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 0 ~ Sweets: 3
    yeay, thanks, Steph

I have not been doing too well lately... Maybe I should get back at this? :pondering:
    I hope things are OK!! :noway: :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Me: 1
    Sweets: 1
    We'll see how today goes.
    Zaza
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 0 ~ Sweets: 4

Today was ALMOST one for me, but then I had an unmentionable sugary drink... :angry:
  • moxirae
    Options
    I'm new here and wish I thought of looking for a site like last week. I am also a sugar addict and have already blown today. Tomorrow is a new day. I am also diabetic so need to get on with the program. Thanks everyone this is what I have been needing.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 1 ~ Sweets: 4
    I had some sweet(ener)s yesterday, but I'm giving myself the point for having no sugars that I don't normally have! :happy:
    I'm new here and wish I thought of looking for a site like last week. I am also a sugar addict and have already blown today. Tomorrow is a new day. I am also diabetic so need to get on with the program. Thanks everyone this is what I have been needing.
    moxirae... Join right in. You can post your thoughts, or daily/weekly goals, or track each day like I do. Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 2 ~ Sweets: 5
  • zaza54
    Options
    Me; 1
    Sweets: 4
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    Options
    Needless to say, this challenge isn't going well. I didn't think it would during the holidays. Let's try again in January! It's the perfect New Year's resolution.
    In the meantime, Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah!
    Zaza