What do you guys do?

Options
So I went to the gym today and I was so tired. I could barely push myself to keep a steady pace. I never have problems pushing myself or working out but I had terrible cramps. I am so disappointed with myself! That time of the month is here early because of the weight I've lost. So how do the women here push yourselves to get through the next few days? Do you calm down the exercise?

Replies

• fullofjoy720
    Options
    So I went to the gym today and I was so tired. I could barely push myself to keep a steady pace. I never have problems pushing myself or working out but I had terrible cramps. I am so disappointed with myself! That time of the month is here early because of the weight I've lost. So how do the women here push yourselves to get through the next few days? Do you calm down the exercise?
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I ussually rev up the exercise during TOM.. It just makes me feel better and less bloated, but take a b-12 or iron suppliment if your energy feels way low. I typically eat more during this time, so thats another reason I work out a lot. You should sign up for a cardio class, you'll burn tons of calories and won't want to stop because then you'd be leaving class in front of everyone...helps me at least :happy:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

I add in an extra 30minutes during the TOM..its pure hell but I feel better afterwards
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with the vitamin B suggestion...it helps the energy level a LOT, but I would say that you need to take it in a multi-vitamin every day and not just during your period. Also, I would also venture to say that I help myself to Midol when it gets too bad.

Swimming is very good for cramps.

Remember that sometimes, your body is telling you to stop.
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just gotta push through it. Add an extra mile or extra minutes-- it will pay of in the end.
  • fullofjoy720
    Options