Chicago area people - Portillos anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    OMG - I saw this post and it stopped me in my tracks!!!

I haven't lived in Buffalo Grove, IL for 13 years BUT I literally can taste the italian beef (double dip), a hot dog (love the "snap") and those great fries RIGHT NOW - I am salivating.

I have lived all over the world and NO place has had a beef sandwich that compares to Portillos or Mr. Beef - I would blow all my calories or run for miles to have an Italian beef right now!!!

Thanks for the memories :flowerforyou:

BG pride
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i live in carol stream... personally i prefer to eat from the barnelli's end of portillo's... OOOH OR AUGUSTINO'S!
  • MissMegan3119
    Options
    I'm aware of the badness that Portillo's offers me nutritionally, but oh my, it still makes me drool to think about it. Mmmm.
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My sister and I ate at the Patio in OrlandPark I wasn't as strong as you I ate the fries love them, the Patio has the best fries I can't say no but it was a Birthday treat.
    OMG love the Patio too! Agree on those fries:smile:

Had the pleasure of watching my son wolf down his chocolate cake shake. Don't even want to think about that nutritional info :-)

aha I've gained 12 lbs working at the patio for 2 years! :drinker:

that chocolate cake shake looks like diahhrea :sick:
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I hit Portillo's about twice a year for an italian beef, dipped, cheese, no peppers.

It's worth every. freaking. bite.
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I live in BG and get the chopped salad (no cheese) regularly but I do miss the beef and cheddar croissant and cheese fries. I haven't checked the calories for both because I don't want to know how many I consumed without even a thought :ohwell:
  • gwengogreen1
    Options
    I hit Portillo's about twice a year for an italian beef, dipped, cheese, no peppers.

It's worth every. freaking. bite.

i live like 10 mins away from one, and every time i cook i set something on fire... so i go there like twice a week. LOVE their poppyseed chicken salad (w/ fruit)!!! :D
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Luckily I'm 2 hours from the nearest one. Saves me mucho calories. :)
  • gwengogreen1
    Options
    Luckily I'm 2 hours from the nearest one. Saves me mucho calories. :)

haha, have u been to augustino's?
  • Jules_1111
    Jules_1111 Posts: 79
    Options
    I just had Portillos a few days ago. <blush> I just used the info from the database. I will ask next time I'm in for their info. Bc, let's face it...I WILL be in again... :laugh:
  • gwengogreen1
    Options
    I just had Portillos a few days ago. <blush> I just used the info from the database. I will ask next time I'm in for their info. Bc, let's face it...I WILL be in again... :laugh:

i'll probably be there too... >.<