New and looking for encouraging and inspirational people to

Hi, My name is Desiree aka username bornforthis1. I found "myfitnesspal" after trying several different yet similar apps for my phone. So far, I like it the best because it's so easy to use and find it fun collecting and monitoring data to help with my weight loss. The barcode scanner it wonderful!
I have a personal goal of losing at least 50lbs, eat healthy, stay healthy, build confidence and strengthen my core and knees (since those are my weak points). I am a fairly active person, participating in Karate and Tai Chi and am actively trying to squeeze in more exercise. Also, using this tool has been helpful, but I'm looking for a bit more to keep me going. The kind of "fitness/nutrition" personality is pretty social. I can do things on my own, but I don't like to and find it hard to motivate myself.
Not exactly sure how it works here, BUT! If anyone is looking for an encouraging fitness friend (who likes comments/to comment), please feel free to add me!

Replies

• ray8chul
    ray8chul Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there,
    I think you are absolutely right, you can do things on your own, but it's better to have fitness friends. They keep you motivated and if you see a post about them achieving goals, it will make you want to achieve them as well. I lost 28 lbs last year with a program called Naturally Slim that was amazing and eye opening. I've gained 8 back, which isn't too bad. But I've done it by not adhering to an eating plan. Nutrition, unfortunately, is about 90% of what goes into my weight, not exercise.

I'm new here as well. I'll send you a friend request. Nice to meet you.

I know you can do it. If you have enough focus to stick with listing everything you eat and do, you can lose what ever you want and feel great while doing it.

:)
  • Hi, ladies. My name is Khara and I am a first time mom. She's only 3 months, but I'm extremely excited to start dropping these extra pounds.. like 60 of them.. I've heard great things about this application. Today is my first day. It went well so far. I would like a few friends on here to compare goals with. I wish all the best of luck..