Would anyone on visalus post before/after pics?

Options
2»

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    BEFORE:

scrooge.jpg

AFTER:

wallet.jpg
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I don't have any before/after pics, so I should probably keep my opinion for myself, however I just have to add.

They are a good meal replacement. HOWEVER, you can take any retail meal replacement (many times cheaper), doctor it up and make a healthy meal replacement shake.

I personally use protein powder for my shakes, add pumpkin, spinach, applesauce, pudding mix, whatever doesn't add too many calories and I have a fairly balanced shake to drink after weight lifting.

I wish you the best of luck. Meal replacements are great for people who are in a rush and can't control their eating at a meal. Personally, I would starve!!!!!!!!!!
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    the "today" picture was around jan 12

was the thanksgiving pic from last year or this year? O_o
  • Book_wormie22
    Book_wormie22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    the vi shakes are not really all that good for you, and once you stop drinking them you will gain all the weight back (unless you actually change your lifestyle by eating right and exercising of course)...from what i've researched they are not all natural...
    I chose to drink shakeology - no stimulants, all natural, and vegan.... it fills me up and curbs my cravings - and even though it's $4/day - it;s totally worth it because it;s still cheaper than buying all the veggies and other goodness that goes into it. My mom - who was prediabetic - started drinking shakeo and now is NOT pre-diabetic. Anywho - good luck with the VI shakes, i wish everyone success...If you want to know more about shakeo let me know. I could go on and on about it :)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but could you clarify which one is the before and which is the after? Not to be rude but I'm not seeing a difference between the two. Perhaps showing change(s) in measurements would help your cause? \m
  • Such a scam.
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've taken them. I would have thought that being 332lbs to start with I would have seen great success given the portion control piece alone. I didn't. I now follow MFP and work out everyday and am seeing tremendous results. I like Visalus shakes because they are great on the go, taste good, give me energy...but I could get that from any shake. As far as losing weight....not so much.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    The "diet" industry is making a killing off people who rely on shakes to supplement as a meal and weight loss. Shakeology and Visalus are MLM's who make BIG money on the people buying their products with as much as 130% mark up in price compared to another company making a shake with comparable ingredients.
    Unless you're willing to LIVE off shakes the rest of your life, this will ALWAYS be a temporary fix. Having a shake as a meal ISN'T the same as eating REAL food. That's why practically anyone that gets off one of these programs regain weight lost. Seen it a million times.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why they give so much credit to the shake instead of there calorie deficit or that they work out.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why they give so much credit to the shake instead of there calorie deficit or that they work out.
    ...because if you hype the product enough, you get a BMW!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The "diet" industry is making a killing off people who rely on shakes to supplement as a meal and weight loss. Shakeology and Visalus are MLM's who make BIG money on the people buying their products with as much as 130% mark up in price compared to another company making a shake with comparable ingredients.
    Unless you're willing to LIVE off shakes the rest of your life, this will ALWAYS be a temporary fix. Having a shake as a meal ISN'T the same as eating REAL food. That's why practically anyone that gets off one of these programs regain weight lost.
  • Sarahwillow
    Sarahwillow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't have any before or after pics sorry. I used Visalus to help with the 'if I don't eat some sort of breakfast I am going to stop at McDonalds' issue I had in the morning. Yes, this helped a lot. I have not eaten at McDonalds in 4 months :) It was also a spring board to eat healthier during the day. I found myself packing a much better lunch from home, I only ate 'clean food' stopped eating process food, stopped most dairy and all potatoes and drastically cut down on flour products. That in turned made me want to exercise becuase I had great energy. I don't use it often anymore because I need real food fuel for how much weight I have lost (woo hoo to me) 32 pounds since July. I have not been exercising since a knee injury in October so that weight loss has been from July to Ocotober. Find what works for you and stick with it :) Good luck!
  • onlyonechallenge
    Options
    Hey Guys, just as trogalicious mentioned, caloric deficit is part of the success people have with Visalus shakes, myself included. No hype, but the difference between the vi shakes and others is the content -- obviously. they have patented ingredients (tri-sorb proteins etc) that make it more "efficient" in giving you a low calorie, high nutrition, meal. Yes, ninerbuff, it's an mlm, so the profit margins are paying people "down the line", etc, but it's still cheaper (and better) than GNC stuff etc. For any weight loss, the key is a caloric deficit and exercise... period. Some products out there just make it easier to run a caloric deficit. For me, the Vi shakes do that. I don't get hungry and more importantly, I don't get cravings haha. Plus, as others have mentioned, I gain the energy to start working out.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Trust and believe, I never attested that Visalus had any part to do with success in weight loss. It's almost sad that you took the opportunity for a first post to hock this mess. Get the pamphlet out to sell it to the next line of schmucks?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    They should post before and after bank account statements.
    Bwahaha! People at Visalus corporate aren't thinking about others' success. They are thinking about the killing they are making whether people "succeed" or not.

IDEA Fitness member
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I just started doing the body by Vi challenge, drinking the visalus shakes twice a day. Does anyone have any before/after pictures who's on Visalus? Or some progression pics? I'm really intrigued to see real pictures of success stories, other than the ones from the DVD.

I did Vi shakes(Body By Vi) for 6 months dropped 60lbs quickly started to gain it back again...I still do shakes but a different brand I can buy from GNC....I knew it was a pyramid scheme when I signed up but I loved the flavor....lol Just make sure you are eating your calories while one the shake..Do not under eat.. :) Good luck
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey Guys, just as trogalicious mentioned, caloric deficit is part of the success people have with Visalus shakes, myself included. No hype, but the difference between the vi shakes and others is the content -- obviously. they have patented ingredients (tri-sorb proteins etc) that make it more "efficient" in giving you a low calorie, high nutrition, meal. Yes, ninerbuff, it's an mlm, so the profit margins are paying people "down the line", etc, but it's still cheaper (and better) than GNC stuff etc. For any weight loss, the key is a caloric deficit and exercise... period. Some products out there just make it easier to run a caloric deficit. For me, the Vi shakes do that. I don't get hungry and more importantly, I don't get cravings haha. Plus, as others have mentioned, I gain the energy to start working out.
    Really? Visalus works out to about $2.60 per shake. I spend $1 per shake with ON. Raw material for ON is processed in the US. Visalus gets there's from a 3rd party (more than likely China who don't have regulations on purity).
    You're saying the shakes don't let you get cravings, so are you going to keep using them the rest of your life to stave them off?
    Like Shakeology, Medifast, etc., Visalus is just hyping their product to "one up" the other. None of these companies produce their product. They are all manufactured by a 3rd party with their "recipe". Why not make it themselves? Because they'd rather rake in the profits, so using a 3rd party to produce them and using low quality raw material at cheap prices ensures that they do just that.
    Learn to eat food. Learn how to eat desserts/candy/cake/chips whatever but with control so there are no cravings. Learn how to counter high calories with hard intense workouts.
    And live life, don't be deprived of what you love because a shake company tells you it's wrong.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ANY program works if you follow it. Sustaining it is the problem. That's why the diet industry is rich.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jeschauvin
    jeschauvin Posts: 20
    Options
    Love the Scrooge McDuck up there.
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I used Visalus for about 2 weeks... didn't fill me, didn't see a difference, and I'd prefer real food.

I never sold it, had only been sold it by someone at work whom was on it, claiming success.

So for the person who said "Trust and believe, I never attested that Visalus had any part to do with success in weight loss. It's almost sad that you took the opportunity for a first post to hock this mess. Get the pamphlet out to sell it to the next line of schmucks? "

... it was a question. I thought those were encouraged here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!