Nice help please

Options
ok so I am really worried that I am doing something wrong, yet I am still losing weight. I have had really low calorie counts and it yells at me every time I complete my log for the day. On a normal and most days I eat the following menu.
Breakfast
3/4 cup cherrios
1/4 cup of 1% milk(I really don't care for milk to much)
Vitamins(d,e,iron,cinnamon, b, c, calcium)

Lunch
100 calorie whole grain roll
3 slices of healthy ones
1/2 of a laughing cow cheese
2 cups of hearts of romaine
2/3 tbls light ceaser dressing
1.5 plain grilled sliced chicken

Dinner
2 cups of broccoli
3 oz pork tenderloin ( grilled with pepper)
2 cups of romaine lettuce
2/3 tbls light ranch dressing
2 small hard boiled egg whites

And about 120 oz of water
4 cups of tea no sugar or milk

By the end of that I couldnt eat anything else but my calorie count is always around 700...??
Am I doing something wrong!
(also before anyone say the count is off...I weigh measure and scan everything...so the calorie count is on)

Replies

• annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Go full fat with the bread, ranch, use real cheese instead of the laughing cow cheese on your sandwich. Basically, go full blown rather than eating diet foods. You can also try a soy or almond milk that may have more calories rather than the 1%. Also, replace one of your daily salads with some fruit which tends to have more sugars and calories. I hope this helps.
  • EngiAli
    EngiAli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Add in a piece of fruit at breakfast, use the whole laughing cow cheese, eat the egg yolks and cut down on the lettuce (its filling you up when you should be eating something with more calories), have a healthy snack.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    They look like reasonable meal choices (though I have no idea what a "healthy one" is!) - but not enough.
    If you keep eating only 700 cals a day, it is going to make it hard to get enough nutrition and energy to keep you healthy, especially if you are exercising too.

Add in a few snacks or higher cal items to your meals - they don't have to be big, but should have good nutrition and be reasonably calorie dense - a few that come to mind are almonds, banana, whole egg (don't throw away the good bit!), avocado, cheese and crackers, just about any fruit, veggies and hommus, sweet potoato and you'll find it easy enough to get extra cals in there.
  • snkeller24
    Options
    Have you tried powdered protein either in a blender to make a smoothie or alone with water (or almond milk?) I'm a big fan of Gaspari Myofusion. Depending on your fitness goals, where you started and where you're at now, you may need to start eating a little more protein as well. Eventually you'll plateau and if you're already at 700 you're not going to be able to go much lower.

Almonds are a great choice, or walnuts. Avacado as someone else mentioned.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Add in a few snacks or higher cal items to your meals - they don't have to be big, but should have good nutrition and be reasonably calorie dense - a few that come to mind are almonds, banana, whole egg (don't throw away the good bit!), avocado, cheese and crackers, just about any fruit, veggies and hommus, sweet potoato and you'll find it easy enough to get extra cals in there.

THIS! ^^
    :)
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    if you like oatmeal and peanut butter have that for breakfast! just make oatmeal on the stove or in microwave, when done add in some peanut butter and maybe a sweetener.....a yummy breakfast! many choices when it comes to oatmeal :smile:

also, maybe add some nuts to your salads?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Read this post. He explains what happens when you survive off of too little calories for too long. It's an excellent read!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/69708-calorie-deficit-for-dummies-a-little-long?page=4#posts-5661975
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to change your meals too much, try adding in a coupe, of snacks during the day. Don't be afraid to have an afternoon snack and don't be afraid to snack after dinner. There is nothing wrong with eating in the evening. Especially if you are making good choices and make sure it fits into your calorie goals for the day. And if you're just not hungry for solid food at the time when you'd like a snack to add to your calories, you can consider smoothies or other beverages with calories.
  • gotaluvtina
    Options
    Thanks everyone...the only thing I am worried about is if I add fruit the sugar is going to be through the roof...as of right now it is barely under the guidelines. I am not diabetic...so should I worry about going over on the sugar?
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...the only thing I am worried about is if I add fruit the sugar is going to be through the roof...as of right now it is barely under the guidelines. I am not diabetic...so should I worry about going over on the sugar?

i try not to do too much added sugar, but don't watch the sugar in fruit too much. this is just how i do things though!
  • snkeller24
    Options
    MFP doesn't separate natural sugar from processed - so I tend to ignore it when it goes in the red from fruits. If you're that concerned educate yourself about fruits lower in natural sugar