New, just saying hi

Hi! Name's Kristi. I'm a 24 year old chubbers. I started my weight loss journey about a month ago. Found this website and thought it would be nice to do my journey with some people who know what it's like to be unsatisfied with your body, and understand how hard the change can be.
It's easy for naturally thin people to say "lose weight, it will make you healthier" but there's nothing like another over weight or formerly overweight person cheering you on.

I hope this website can help me stay on my new weight loss/healthy me path, and I hope I can maybe someday inspire others to make the changes necessary to become healthy too.

Much Love!

SW: 204
CW: 198
GW: 140

Replies

• chrissyKar
    chrissyKar Posts: 98 Member
    Hi !! Welcome to MFP ! I have been on here a week and I am loving it ! It is slightly addictive haha :laugh:
    So far it is keeping me honest, I am learning what foods are worth in terms of calories, and sometimes I am amazed at how many calories in a particular food.

I like this site cause it helps to set goals and including exercise, and it tells you how many calories you can eat each day.
    I like knowing that as otherwise I find it really hard to know how much to eat.

all the best and feel free to add me :happy:
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Hi! Name's Kristi. I'm a 24 year old chubbers. I started my weight loss journey about a month ago. Found this website and thought it would be nice to do my journey with some people who know what it's like to be unsatisfied with your body, and understand how hard the change can be.
    It's easy for naturally thin people to say "lose weight, it will make you healthier" but there's nothing like another over weight or formerly overweight person cheering you on.

I hope this website can help me stay on my new weight loss/healthy me path, and I hope I can maybe someday inspire others to make the changes necessary to become healthy too.

Much Love!

SW: 204
    CW: 198
    GW: 140
    Welcome aboard!
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Hello and welcome! Feel free to add me, I love giving and receiving support! :smile:
  • Hi and welcome to the site,
    Feel free to add me, I've been here 3 months and I've had great support from everybody.
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Hi Kristi, and welcome to MFP! The support you will receive here is incredible; everyone is pushing for you to succeed. Remember to eat within your calorie limits and exercise, and you will have no trouble shedding the pounds.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like some support!
  • arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Welcome :)
  • Hello....glad to meet you. Please add me as a friend if you want. Our goals are almost the same....except I'm 46... :wink: I used to be really active, but have always struggled with my weight (yo yo dieting - always trying the latest & greatest)....

This time around is doctor's orders....because he told me I'm diabetic & have high cholesterol. This is my last last last chance to get healthy, or he's going to put me on medication. :noway:

I'm going the healthy way this time around....watching calories, and trying to get some movement in every day....even if it's just a little. I have to lose at least 20 lbs by 4/4...at least that's what he said it would probably take to get healthy lab results.

Maybe we can help each other along the way. :happy: I am 195 right now (just lost a little), and would like to get to the 140 mark sometime in the next 12 months......AND MAINTAIN!

Good luck...looking forward to seeing your great progress!

Thanks! Racer (Marnie)
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Welcome! This is a great site!! :-) I think you'll really like it and find it quite helpful!:smile: