Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is it just me?

withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
Brushing one's teeth is a common advice for craving suppression, as food is not very tasty when consumed right after the brushing. But there is one major exception: CHOCOLATE. Is it just me, or does regular chocolate simply taste like mint chocolate if you eat it after brushing your teeth...?

I enjoy mint chocolate but not regular chocolate, so this is an interesting situation for me!

Replies

• runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Have you tried just spreading the toothpaste on the chocolate? Saves you the step of brushing your teeth and then messing them up again.

just sayin'...:wink:
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Have you tried just spreading the toothpaste on the chocolate? Saves you the step of brushing your teeth and then messing them up again.

Genius! :laugh:
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member

Genius! :laugh:

Just doing my part to help others! :happy:
  • I really like how orange juice tastes right after you brush your teeth and this is a common complaint that I've heard in regards to "minty freshness" so I'm pretty positive this brushing your teeth thing won't help me with cravings, lol!

This is putting aside the fact that I have a phobia of watching people brush their teeth, including myself (I don't look in the mirror), and thinking about it makes me really uncomfortable... I faced reality a long time ago that this just isn't my method of choice
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I've heard a lot of people say "Brush your teeth and you won't want it anymore".

Let me tell you something.. if I want something bad enough.. toothpaste and a toothbrush aren't gonna stop me from eating it. A minty toothpaste donut is still a donut. lol.

And people will say "Well, you won't want to brush again.. so you won't eat".

I love to brush my teeth, so brushing again isn't an issue for me.

What I'm trying to say is...

Brushing my teeth won't stop a craving for me.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Mmmmm... minty chocolate donut.
    I tend to forget that I've brushed my teeth, so I'll eat something and then complain about the taste.
    Doesn't work for me either, I think the desire to eat is stronger than the memory of just brushing my teeth.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Mmmmm... minty chocolate donut.
    I tend to forget that I've brushed my teeth, so I'll eat something and then complain about the taste.
    Doesn't work for me either, I think the desire to eat is stronger than the memory of just brushing my teeth.

I agree with this. If I want something to eat - toothpaste doesn't deter that desire to have it. I wish it did and I have respect for people that can do it and it works.

Me. I just eat minty donuts. Or minty carrots. or minty chips.

I think perhaps..I like minty stuff. lol
  • its stops me sometimes at night. because i dont want to have to do it all again lol, ew hate oranges after!
  • The thing that makes toothpaste foam up in your mouth also temporarily "shuts down" the sweet-receptors on your tongue. That's why most people don't like orange juice after, all the sweetness has been removed. Well, all sweetness is removed for a time. Isn't science fun? :D
  • Have you tried a non minty toothpaste?

12683018.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LOL
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I think there should be bacon flavored tooth paste. :bigsmile:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    the man who invents chocolate toothpaste will never have to work for a living again
  • amckenny
    amckenny Posts: 22 Member
    the man who invents chocolate toothpaste will never have to work for a living again

Just for you ;-) http://www.amazon.com/Tanners-Tasty-Paste-Chocolate-Toothpaste/dp/B005SV58C6 - I have no idea how it tastes though
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Hahaha, this is why I do not keep chocolate in the house. If I'm really craving it I will have to drive somewhere to get it and usually I'm not that desperate. Besides I always think of it this way, I'm spending money on something that will harm my weight loss; therefore, its like paying to gain weight!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    ^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, brushing my teeth helps me because I'm too lazy to brush it again, if I eat something. Yeah. I'm one of those types who must brush my teeth after eating something unless I'm out for dinner or something. Then I brush my teeth the moment I get home.
  • jatiger83
    jatiger83 Posts: 67 Member
    I don't think I have heard this before. But I do agree that I don't like to eat right after I have brushed. Maybe change the type of tooth paste you use. My sister uses some toothpaste that tastes like oranges...UGH to me but she likes it.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    I say YES to both bacon and chocolate flavored toothpaste. I would have the cleanest teeth on town.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Yes.:flowerforyou: