Intermittent fasting - who has tried it?

Options
124»

Replies

• EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Look as long as you're getting enough energy from food then divvy it up however you like. I used to badger my fiance about not eating breakfast but honestly if she feels like she can go the morning without eating but then has a big lunch that's fine by me.
  • Gabbahh
    Options
    Love it. Find it superior for me personally for keeping body fat at low levels (6-8%).
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I do it, did it for almost a year and lost 70lbs. I love it and feel great while doing it.
  • raquelena
    raquelena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You could look into JUDDD (alternate day diet) here http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/

Basically for weight loss every other day you eat 20% of your normal calories (so normally around 500 cals). This has been suggested to be as effective as an entire fast. I've been doing this for 1 month and have lost 20lbs and really enjoy it.
  • debtfre12
    Options
    Wow, interesting stuff on this post!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm interesting in starting this as haven't lost any this month yet and I'm limited exercise-wise so trying to find new ways to shake things up.

I had dinner 3pm yesterday and the didnt eat until just now (around 11am) had to have some soup as I was starving and don't want to go back into starvation mode so it stores everything I eat if I leave it too long? .. I don't think I'll survive till tomorrow at 11am again on just a bowl of soup.. so might have meal again around 3pm and try to last until 3pm friday? . how do you stop your body going into starvation mode? and how many days in a row should I do it?... just want to drop 2lb before my last weigh-in on xmas eve.

Thanks.
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    Have not done to much Int fasting but have done a few water fasting this year. I really like doing a 3-5 day water fast. Feel great during it
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I found this article on the subject. Interesting stuff.

http://alanaragon.com/an-objective-look-at-intermittent-fasting.html