Seeking: Positive attitudes, support, & motivation!

Options
Hello all, I'm new here...

I'm a 32 year old single mom of 2. I'm also a registered nurse. I've got so much knowledge about what I need to do to be healthy (as well as the major risks associated with obesity) but that hasn't been enough to convince me to change yet!

I WANT to do this though! I'm really hoping to find some support and motivation from fellow health-seekers to help hold me accountable! If that's what you're looking for, please feel free to add me as a friend! :)

Please note that I'm not into extreme fasting or other unhealthy weight loss strategies. I want to be healthy! :)

~Katy

Replies

• gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Hey Katy.... this is the right place to do this.

I know some former WW's who have gone here - as for me, this is all I did for 2/3 of my journey.

I am now at my goal weight, just going for getting fitter now, and helping and supporting others.

You may friend request if you wish.

You have the right attitude, and your 2 little ones as motivation to be the best mom you can be - you CAN do this !

Cheers

Gazz
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    me
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi, Katy! Welcome to MyFitnessPal! :) I hope you've found it as helpful as I have! It helped me to lose 76 lbs (though I was stupid and took a few months away from the site, only to come back once I realized I had gained half of that back. Gah!). So yeah, needless to say I won't be taking any breaks from this site until I'm down to my goal weight. lol

I'm 32 as well, no kids though, unfortunately (maybe some day). Friend request incoming. :)
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    me

Here is somethin I wrote last week, I am a very supportive friend1 I would love to be you friend, If not I understand and wish you nothing but success in you MFP journey, Good luck my friend you can do it!!!

If you have lost your mojo my friend, I do not have your's. But my friend you can have some of mine!! I have plenty and you are welcome to it. You have this my friend. You all have been my friends since the day I started here at MFP. My friend you have shared your mojo with me on numerous occasions. You have picked me up when I have fallen. Whispered in my ear words of encouragement. And when all else failed kicked me square in the *kitten*. For this my MFP community I will be thankful for an eternity. So my friend if you have lost your mojo please , please take some of mine,. I have plenty just take it and run with it, use it and pass it on when you have found yours.
  • gailashton
    Options
    I hear you! I've done everything from diets to battling an eating disorder. I've lost 117 pounds 3 times and gained it back every time with these diets and my eating disorder. This time was a wake up call for me when I was spending more time running to the doctors office trying to figure out why I hurt so bad and felt so bad. I thought because I didn't have high blood pressure, cholesterol or a heart condition I was healthy..... not so. I knew what to do and how to do it, but I've always reverted back to old habits. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle that you have to stick to. Just because you mess up one day, it doesn't have to lead to an entire week or a lifetime. This website holds me accountable and me alone for my choices every day whether it be exercise or what i'm putting into my mouth. With my weight loss so far I feel half my age now. Not saying I don't still have aches and pains, but I their a whole lot less with 75 pounds gone. I would love to have you as a friend and we can motivate each other. Good Luck on this road to health and well being!
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i have very few "Friends" on purpose because I dont want to get so many that I cant keep track. Add me ill keep an eye on your food journal and give you a rough time about drinking more water...lol ps im a horrible speller but i try!! lol
  • bono
    bono Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I have struggled for a very long time, but found this site and started really using it over the last month. I have taken courses on nutrition and been to ww a few (or more) times, but this is different. I finally get it! The calories in and out part thanks to MFP and the support here is great. The key... Connect with some great people (a few of my cheerleaders have posted to you already), log in daily - no matter what and figure out what works for you.

Add me as a friend and I will also be there for you. :)
  • Lexymom
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!! I really appreciate your kind and supportive words!! :) I'm really looking forward to starting down a lasting road to better health! :)