sleep and diet

Options
i just had a big 1000 kal breakfast then i slept for like 4 hours , but did 400 cal cardio after. Does the sleep after my meal makes me get fat??

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    It is recommneded to wait atleast 2-3 hours after you eat to sleep, I believe when the body goes to sleep it doesnt burn up those calories you just ate and they tend to store as fat, however if it is a one time thing you wont get fat, but if it is a routine for you, you may want to change it.

Goodluck
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i just had a big 1000 kal breakfast then i slept for like 4 hours , but did 400 cal cardio after. Does the sleep after my meal makes me get fat??

No.
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    it does not matter when you eat, sleep, excercise! it's all about calories in, and calories out, friend!
  • december8teen
    Options
    No, you won't. Think about it this way:

Your body's BMR should be more than a 1000 calories, which also means that- even when your body is at rest, it needs energy to carry out bodily functions. Plus, it's also all about the expenditure of calories in and calories out. :)
  • It is recommneded to wait atleast 2-3 hours after you eat to sleep, I believe when the body goes to sleep it doesnt burn up those calories you just ate and they tend to store as fat, however if it is a one time thing you wont get fat, but if it is a routine for you, you may want to change it.

Goodluck

From what I've read in various articles, your metabolism will run and digest the food, even if you are attempting to sleep. Your metabolism will actually (in most cases) keep you awake & prevent you from entering REM sleep. I'll see if I can find those articles and post them on here later.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I read on this very website not long ago that we should forego sleep entirely to avoid getting fat.

It's on the Internets. It must be true.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    it does not matter when you eat, sleep, excercise! it's all about calories in, and calories out, friend!

THIS....

a big chunk of food will make you sleepy as carbohydrates will help release melotonin which makes you sleepy... big amounts so a big chunk of food may make you do this.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Nope. Eating calorie surpluses do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    thnx all