how often do u weigh your self?

Options

Replies

• Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and find that it helps either way. If I lost then I am motivated to keep it up and if I gained then I am extra motivated to exercise more that day and eat better.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I had become so obsessed with the numbers on the scale that I was weighing myself all day long. I promised I would put my fate in the arms of my PT & not worry about the scale. Told my hubby to take it & hide it so that I am not tempted to weigh in.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I sometimes weigh every day, which is a habit I am trying to break.....but I only log what my weight is on Fridays.
  • ChefSuzzieQ
    Options
    Once a week, every Thursday morning after getting up and going to the bathroom. I think more than once a week can lead to focusing too much on the number. And we are more than that number on the scale.
  • Sabineslims
    Options
    Officially, every Saturday morning before breakfast.
    But, I do sometime peak and weight in mid weekly. I get obsessed so I try not to weight too often.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Several times a day. My weight fluctuates throughout the day but it doesn't bother me. I'm not one to freak out over gains or losses and I like the feedback. I've been doing it this way for over a year and it hasn't discouraged me yet so while it's not for everyone, it's fine for me.

Indeed, mostly same here. It's interesting to see what happens in the morning and throughout the day on big workout days, and rest days. It helps keep me accountable for my water too. If I'm up late in the day on a rest day I know I haven't had enough water and need to load up.
  • fee2dancesing
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but my official weigh in is Monday morning. Keep in mind that your weight will go up and down due to various factors. Try picking one day and pay attention to those results. Also, me doctor advised that I wear snug/uncomfortable clothing to continuously make myself aware of what I'm eating and doing. The goal is for the close to no longer be comfortable, but once they are switch sizes and get uncomfortable again.

You have to be uncomfortable to be comfortable.

Have a great day!
  • J_Lopez
    Options
    Every morning too, haven't started noticing a difference except when I go over calories.
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week, sometimes 2...
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i get weighed a few times a week, but only record it on tuesdays (my weigh in day). i try not to but the scales call me :P
    this week, i was the same all week, then up a pound yesterday and down 2 pounds today :)
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday morning.
    I avoid the scale because it makes me crazy. If I am up I get depressed and eat too much, but if I am down I celebrate by eating too much. You see the problem. :grumble:
    I wish I had the will power to NOT weigh daily! I run into the same problem with letting that number dictate my mood for the day. Still working on this. I currently weigh probably 4 days/wk. Would love to get down to once a week. Maybe the hubs should just hide the scale :P
    -Andi
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh in daily, every morning right after waking up. However, I only count Tuesday weigh ins. So many things affect the number on the scale. It's more of how I feel physically that counts. I try not to get caught up with the number.
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but my official weigh in is Monday morning. Keep in mind that your weight will go up and down due to various factors. Try picking one day and pay attention to those results. Also, me doctor advised that I wear snug/uncomfortable clothing to continuously make myself aware of what I'm eating and doing. The goal is for the close to no longer be comfortable, but once they are switch sizes and get uncomfortable again.

You have to be uncomfortable to be comfortable.

Have a great day!
    The advice from your doc is pretty much the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I think it's important to feel comfortable and confident in what you wear. Clothes that are too small make me more self-conscious and then I tend to be less social. It is possible to be comfortable, look put together and still lose! Clothes that are too small only accentuate the extra pudge and make people look worse.
    -Andi
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My theory....I weigh once a month. I want to see more than a 1 lb loss. If I weighed myself everyday, I'd get discouraged because I couldn't see measurable progress.
  • Radcliffe83
    Options
    I think it is to do with the fact you drink water after exercise (possibly more than you sweat out) also after a big exercise your body wants fuel so it might make you crave extra, this food goes in and weighs something... until um, er it comes out...
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh in on Tuesdays and Fridays...hmm, I should go back and look and see which day I usually get a bigger drop. I chose Tuesdays because I watch The Biggest Loser so I weigh in on the same day as they do...and I weigh in on Fridays because I don't want to go a whole week (wondering) so that spaced it out a bit. I always weigh first thing in the morning before eating/drinking/exercising etc. so it's my truest weight for comparison.
  • qtcaro
    qtcaro Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am bad and weigh myself in the morning and at night. I usually see 1-2 pounds difference from the night time weigh in and the morning. Dont know how that is possible as I am not running the the potty all night. I also notice I tend to gain weight on the days I exercise and sometimes even lose weight when I have a sedentary day. Very strange.
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ok, being the analytical person that I am...I looked at all my weigh-ins and I typically lose more on Friday weigh in than I do on Tuesday weigh in. My average weight loss has been 2.15 lbs per week so that's pretty darn good. I'll still weigh both times because I don't want to weigh every day and need to know mid-way how I'm doing to see if I need to adjust at all. This is probably TMI, but I have a mirrored closet door...weigh without clothes in front of the mirror and write my weights on the mirror so they are all listed. I find it interesting because I notice the changes in my body and it's rewarding to look up and see all I've accomplished (numbers on the door). So even if I log a little bit of a gain, I still see the overall weight loss.
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. Seeing the number as soon as I wake up puts my daily fitness goal fresh on my mind and it stays there all day. Keeps me in check!
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Once a week first thing in the morning after potty :)