Is it JUST me?? Holiday gain = DESPERATE for MOTIVATION!!!

Options
Every year it is the same story and I was hoping so badly since starting MFP that THIS year would be different.. Every year.. Halloween.. My daughter's birthday a week later ... My other daughter's birthday 2 weeks later.. then Thanksgiving... then the whole pre-Christmas craziness with lots of treats/drinks leading up to the actual day.. I have gained 6 lbs since October and NOT at all in a healthy fitness mindset but WISH I could overpower the old habit that keeps kicking my *kitten* each year.. I want to kick IT'S *kitten*.. I am so mad at myself for F*****g up.. I just want to know if anyone else has a similar pattern and what you do to break the cycle. Once I cave to the season.. it seems to be all or nothing.. I LOVED working out but then just stifled my whole healthy lifestyle.. I need some serious motivation.. I rarely post topics but thought maybe just one person may reach me somehow.. Thank you:flowerforyou:

Replies

• whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    yes im having the same exact problem and need help bad im to the point where i feel like starving myself
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    how much does it suck that no one replied with a little motivation help? Oh well.. we must reach within and help ourselves..
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    GG70, I popped you a message.
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Well, my celebration time begins before Halloween b/c two of my children have early October birthdays...but I have a lot of family and friends so the celebrations seem to be weekly from October 1 through the New Year. What do I do? Eat well M-F, eat well ar home on the weekends and eat moderately at any weekend parties. And I really try to focus on drinking more water on the weekends (I don't drink anything else other than water b/c if I'm going to waste calories it better be on a good dessert :) ). Also, if it's a potluck then I bring a healthy dish I know I'll eat and make sure I do eat it. I also eat a piece of fruit and some sort of trail mix or peanut butter sandwhich before going in addition to drinking 16 oz of water before eating at the party. I also do a lot of stepping side to side or small marches in place while at the party (It doesn't look goofy and I keep moving that way).
  • makapa
    makapa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey GG70, It is hard, I KNOW!! The only reason I am sure I am continuing to lose at this point, is because I am getting hammered by every virus that gets funneled into my son's school. What if you were to schedule your workouts into your day. Even if it is 5 or 6 in the morning, just knowing that at that time you are going to be working out, no excuses. Then even if you weren't losing, at least you would be maintaining while you ate all those yummy treats :) I know it's hard....you can do this!!

Also never bring home leftovers from parties and send all of your sweet treat leftovers home with your company. That way the eating of yummies is restricted to a time frame instead of being in front of you all the time...tempting you and calling your name :)

Trust me, I don't have this all figured out....but I am working on it and these things have helped me.

Good luck, and feel free to friend me!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    this is my biggest issue i think is actually finding the time and yeah cramming it in the morning may work but then i feel i dont push as hard because im super tired...