For those of you doing c25k... A little success story :)

Options
Ok, technically I'm only on week 3 day 2, but last night I decided to challenge myself. I just wanted to see how long I could go without stopping. As you know, week 3 is running 3 minutes at a time. I cranked up my music last night and just jogged (5.2) for 15 minutes straight! I was shocked. For experienced runners, 15 minutes is nothing, but for someone who used to hate running, this is huge for me! I could have went longer, but I knew I was doing c25k today and didn't want to overdo it. I just kept telling myself "5 more minutes, you can do 5 minutes of ANYTHING!" or "As soon as this song goes of you can stop" (then of course another great song would come on and I ran until the end of that one. I feel fantastic today, no pain, no fatigue. I honestly enjoyed running! So, for those of you doing c25k..keep going!!!! If I can do it, bad shoes and all, so can you.

Replies

• nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

I can understand how you feel. For someone whom can barely run more than 10 steps a month back...today I ran a full 19 minutes non stop at 6.5 km an hour. :flowerforyou:
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    :bigsmile:

I can understand how you feel. For someone whom can barely run more than 10 steps a month back...today I ran a full 19 minutes non stop at 6.5 km an hour. :flowerforyou:

Awesome!! It feels great doesn't it?
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    More than anything I could had imagined. :happy:
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. Today will be day 2 of week 2 for me and it's nice to read an encouraging story.
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It all starts with one step forward. Yeah, even though I have a 17k in a few weeks and a half in August, I don’t consider myself an athlete by any stretch. We all started out at the same place. Those that are running the Boston Marathon started with not being able to even run a mile. Great Job, be very proud of yourself, I am proud of you.