Dress help

Options
I have a holiday party coming up this Saturday and have a dress I need to get into. I really don't have anything else to wear.
Here is my issue - the dress looks great except in the belly area. I look like a sausage stuffed into the dress. Is there anything I can do to look ok in this dress by Saturday?

Replies

• MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    get those lovely tummy control pants! Spanx are the best brand and they do work
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    SPANX! Till I lose more, and tone up more, I live in them... and have for the past 4 years.
  • skyestarz
    Options
    The Dollar General has something similar to Spanx but for only $10. I would go a size up though.
  • LexxyV
    LexxyV Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Spanx lol!!! ( as it has been suggested)

With dresses I always tend to wear something that smooths me out - look for the slip bodyshapers ( I even suggest it to those who are fit- no lines= looking better in the dress)
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    There are things you can do to lose water weight and cut down on bloating--drink a lot of water, don't drink alcohol or soda (diet or otherwise), cut down on salt and carbs. It might make a difference, but you know your body and whether it would be worth it to disrupt your habits for however much or little of an effect it might have.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    SPANX!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I second the shapewear but you don't have to get Spanx if its too expensive. Just try it on and make sure it holds. For the tummy area, I'd get something that covers right under your bra line to at least your hipbones or thighs so its smooth all over with no bulges. www.shapefx.com has some great stuff, but even Wal-mart has decent shapewear.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    There are things you can do to lose water weight and cut down on bloating--drink a lot of water, don't drink alcohol or soda (diet or otherwise), cut down on salt and carbs. It might make a difference, but you know your body and whether it would be worth it to disrupt your habits for however much or little of an effect it might have.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Drink WATER, and lots of it! Green tea also helps speed up your metabolism a bit so drink up!
    Lighten up on simple carbs, (Sugar, breads, pasta - even the whole grain stuff). If you must take in the carbs, look for oats, and other high fiber, less processed options to help you shed those pounds asap.
    SODIUM - killer for water retention!! Do not add salt to foods, watch those processed foods too (canned soups, boxed meals, etc).

Good luck! You can do this!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Eat higher protein, less carbs...lean meats, fish and eggs...veggies/fruits...cut down on processed carbs and bread...it will reduce bloating...drink plenty of water...

and spanx is a wonderful thing!

I bet you will look great! Have fun
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the SMapx- or something like them- it doesnt have to be the spanx brand- but there are SO many things that will smooth lines and tuck you in.. go to target or walmart - or jc pennys or something w a decent undergarment section and be prepared to be amazed at your options!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, and eat mostly fruits and veggies that should help with any bloat you might have.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers are also great for reducing water retention!
  • auntv77
    auntv77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    On the body shapers. just remember what is being held willcomeout elsewhere. try it on with your dress. Sit. Stand. Walk. Move. see where they creep, roll, pinch, etc. There is not much worse than a body shaper malfunction!
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Spanx all the way!!!!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    all i can think of, is getting a chunky belt to break up the area.
    Or one of those belly control things.
    or what i like to do is buy a massive, beautiful handbag and hide behind it. lol
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Some of the same things others have suggested..

- Shapewear
    - drink lots of water
    - A belt to wear over your natural waist line for a slimming affect
  • plagirl227
    Options
    On the body shapers. just remember what is being held willcomeout elsewhere. try it on with your dress. Sit. Stand. Walk. Move. see where they creep, roll, pinch, etc. There is not much worse than a body shaper malfunction!

Take the dress to the store with you and try them on together (before you buy!). Make sure it's not something that will roll down (I HATE that!).

Walmart does have a good selection, all different styles to fit your needs.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Underbust corset/body shaper?
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Cut back on gas producing veggies like broccoli before your event, definitely cut out processed food, white carbs, salt, and alcohol. Play up your top half with eye catching jewelry, and beautiful eye makeup.

Consider going to a tailor to have the dress let out a bit, if the fabric allows.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Before big events I use body contouring wraps.. tightens things up and i lose a few inches while i'm at it. I've never found spanx to be comfortable.