Day off??

Options
I am fairly new at working out on a regular basis. I've been to the gym everyday except one since last Monday. I took a killer body core aerobics class yesterday and now my lower body is so sore (yes!!)....I want to go to the gym today and at least walk on the treadmill, but do my leg muscles need a day off? I really want to go so I am hoping your answers are what I want to hear. Haha

Replies

• juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If you're really sore, I would go and do an easy walk on the treadmill - definitely don't do weights and try to keep it easier than you would normally. Your muscles do need days off so you should try to take one day off a week. In my experience though, if you are really sore and take a rest day, the day after the rest day is even worse.
  • erica714
    erica714 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :smile: You can walk.
  • DKelly1983
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    but what about if your doing the 30- ds? isn't that suppose to be every day for 30 days? what should i do, take a break or keep at it? My calves are sore after day 2 on this. i know i could do it again today but just didn't know if i will be way worse tomorrow for doing so or not?
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    30ds is okay to do everyday, maybe take one day off a week ...it's not super heavy weight lifting so you should be okay
  • lin7604
    Options
    even though my calves are really sore? i don't know much about this stuff and didn't know if i should rest them for a day or keep going? some say no pain no gain, right... keep going it makes you stronger then the next person says, no rest for a day. even if i didn't do the video today i would still do my elliptical as it's easy on the calves;) not sure what to do, i'd hate not doing the video today...
  • rlv2680
    Options
    do it!! lol...yes some people say work through the pain unless you are seriously injured, i am one of those people lol. you will be fine. after a couple more days you won't be so sore.
  • lin7604
    Options
    I will! i just read a article on sparks and it says if it's just from exercise still work out but if your lifting weights then rest. so i will get back on the train today :)
  • rlv2680
    Options
    yeh jillian knows what sh'es doing, if she didn't want us doing it everyday...she would definately let us know. if you really were concerned, you could alternate the levels
  • lin7604
    Options
    ya i will just take a easy doing it and keep myself going at it...
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    be sure to stretch several times a day, especially when you are sore! It really makes a big difference.