Hi all - wondering if I should join now or in New Year

Options
13»

Replies

• lessdeb67
    lessdeb67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Now, then you will have a head start and won't have as much guilt when you do eat fun stuff during the holidays.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with most of the crowd, join now. If you are looking to start losing after New Years, it is at least a good start to figure out how the website works and what realistic meals and calories counts are. The Christmas season is a bit crazy to start, so I can understand the want to hesitate.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Don't start tomorrow just because you had pizza today!!!!!!!

The only way this is going to work is if you find a way to eat that you can do long-term, for the rest of your life, which includes having pizza some times. Log your breakfast, your pizza, and your dinner, and do it again, and again, every day, and you'll start to see patterns and habits that you can work to make better. It's not a diet, it's the rest of your life.
  • bornforthis1
    bornforthis1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I pretty sure this has been said, but start NOW! No time like the present. I say now because even though it's the holidays(esp cause it's the holidays), it's good to create a new healthy habit. Think of this, maybe because you joined now, 1- you won't feel as guilty for indulging in yummy holiday fair and 2- When you do indulge in yummy holiday fair, you may gain little to no weight from it. Even so, go easy yourself if you do, everyone has a rough time this time of year. Anyway, They say it takes 28 days to make or break a habit. Hopefully, by the time the New Year has rolled around, you will be set! So start now and stick to it! Merry Christmas =)
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    There is no better time than NOW!!!
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    NOW NOW NOW. use it as practice for the New Year and you'll be that much ahead!
  • Denik71
    Denik71 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Join now! I just did! :)