Does wearing Spanx help with weight loss?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how I managed to reach the age of 27 before I learned what Spanx were. I've still never worn them.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Yeah, when you wear them you lose weight. It's magical!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Does muscle weigh more than fat?
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Yes.

And don't ask me to prove it because I know me and my body. :flowerforyou:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Depends on what size Spanx you're wearing.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Yes.

you look like you do tae bo. do you tae bo?
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    The only one who will lose weight thanks to spanx is the one, uncovering that ypu are wearing one of those lovely spanx pants - and then doing a runner ^^
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've always avoided them because the fat has to be pushed somewhere, either above, below or tighter around your precious organs, none of which appeal to me.

GG
  • CaWaterBug8
    Options
    The only one who will lose weight thanks to spanx is the one, uncovering that ypu are wearing one of those lovely spanx pants - and then doing a runner ^^

Huh?
  • CaWaterBug8
    Options
    Depends on what size Spanx you're wearing.

Well, they've gotta be big enough to let me do my Tae bo while I'm retaining all this water from TOM.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Yes.

How sad is it that this is funny no matter what thread it is posted on, and we all know exactly what (ahem, who) it is in reference to?
  • CaWaterBug8
    Options
    Yes.

How sad is it that this is funny no matter what thread it is posted on, and we all know exactly what (ahem, who) it is in reference to?

I wasn't even there for the original thread but it has brought me so much joy in the past....what? 24 hours?
  • drizzella
    Options
    No, Spanx doesn't help with weight loss. Pushing it around and creating a muffin top won't help and will make you just feel more uncomfortable about your body. Spanx were designed to try to smooth "problem areas" but the truth is, that everyone has different problem areas so, unless you are going to wear a head to toe spanx suit, then I suggest you don't waste the money. I bought one of these thinking that it was going to help me feel better and look better and instead, I thought that my internal organs were being crushed.
  • karenann1989
    karenann1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    funny stuff
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    No, Spanx doesn't help with weight loss. Pushing it around and creating a muffin top won't help and will make you just feel more uncomfortable about your body. Spanx were designed to try to smooth "problem areas" but the truth is, that everyone has different problem areas so, unless you are going to wear a head to toe spanx suit, then I suggest you don't waste the money. I bought one of these thinking that it was going to help me feel better and look better and instead, I thought that my internal organs were being crushed.

Do they actually do head to toe suits? *is wondering*
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I wasn't even there for the original thread but it has brought me so much joy in the past....what? 24 hours?

Its kinda like herpes... the gift that keeps on giving.
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you go a size smaller they do force you to flex more, so yes...i think it will help you lose weight. I can only speak from expreience with my belly band (for pregnant peeps)...I used this a lot after I had my baby and it really did help me tighten my abs more..You might want to try a more affordable option other than spanx first.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    If you go a size smaller they do force you to flex more, so yes...i think it will help you lose weight. I can only speak from expreience with my belly band (for pregnant peeps)...I used this a lot after I had my baby and it really did help me tighten my abs more..You might want to try a more affordable option other than spanx first.

So if I buy my pants too small, they will make me lose weight? :noway: