Losing weight and not losing cup sizes

Options
It hasn't happened yet, but I'm afraid it might. Does anyone have tips on how to lose weight without losing a cup size... or more? Obviously its not the end of the world if it happens, but that was the one positive to gaining this weight haha.

Replies

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't pick and choose where you do or do not lose weight from, but in my experience you have to lose a significant amount before I lost about one cup size.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Gee I'm an old man I sure hope I don't lose a cup size.......my goodness...
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My C is now a B ((That's tough to admit)). I went from 135 to 110. Now thinking about getting them back via the surgical route :)
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell ya but I totally had that problem. I used to weigh 220lbs and was BIG up top. I dropped to about 150lbs and got much smaller. Then I had a reduction cause like I said, I was BIG and I thought I would be good to go. Then I lost even more weight, got down to 118lbs and now I am like an A maybe. Haha. It sucks but the weight just chooses where to be lost from. It sucks.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

I literally lol'd!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Personally though, I prefer to have smaller boobs. They're annoying.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew, some people just keep their boobage. I was a 40 C 5 months ago. I am now a 36 A. *sigh*
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Not everyone loses in the boob area.. and you can't choose whether or not you do. I lost 56 pounds year before last and my boobs didn't go anywhere.
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    One of the things that'll help is chest exercises - building up those pecs will support what breast remains and make them look better (bigger??)

I went the surgical route because I was never blessed, but I'll still be building up those chest muscles to make sure that there's some good perk.

But your smaller body will make your breasts seem more in proportion if it DOES happen. Good luck!
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds so far and the first place I lost it in was my chest... I am almost down a cup size already. :(

There isn't really any way to prevent it. Your body will take fat from where it wants.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Get breast implants! hahaha It worked for me ;)
  • MrsGreen1985
    MrsGreen1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When I lose weight i lose it from my breasts first but like other people have said you cant pick and choose where it comes off.If i'm honest Im glad it comes off me there first....Being a DD isnt all its cracked up to be...I wish they were smaller lol
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    it depends on your body type, I lose from upper body first and hips/legs last, other people lose from everywhere except bra size!
    if you do chest exercises such as chest press, it will help build up muscle so can help cancel out any shrinking from losing weight (note does not make your boobs grow, just helps them look a bit better due to the increased muscle in the area!)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to some of mine. I shed 125 pounds and reduced my body fat from 56% to 23% and yet I somehow ended up going from a 44F to a 32G! :sad:
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    Unfortunately, my cup size went down to lower than it was before I gained weight in the first place. I was never an A before! :( But I definitely think it varies with the individual.
  • courtney131
    Options
    I just went from a 36 C to a 36 DD when I gained 25 pounds. I'm just so used to them now. If I lose them I suppose I'll have to go the surgical route ha.
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I was a DD at my largest and while I haven't been measured recently I am pretty sure that I am down to a B cup :cry:
    and they aren't just smaller, they are flat and saggy :sad: sadly they are always the first thing to go on me.
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I literally lol'd!

lol me too!!!
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Chest exercises, such as chest press or puch ups, will help them stay more perky a least. But the only way to ensure they din't get small is a boob job, that's my plan. :wink:
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I lost a cup size, going from DD to D. Some bras I can even get a C cup. Praying they don't get any smaller.