Belly Fat!!!

Options

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    #1 rule of weight loss. You cannot spot reduce fat.

#2 rule of weight loss.... We always lose last from the place we want it gone most. Mother Nature is cruel that way.

Just think of it as a reward for long term commitment to being healthy. :wink:
    Tell me if you can eat like that and look like that when you are 60. No surgery. Well, you have no kids that mught help the belly fat.

I'm sorry. Are you suggesting that you can only look like that with no kids?
  • CakeFit21
    Options
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Op, one of the posters here has done tae bo for 13 years and is pleased with her results, which is great.

Others have given you the sad news that fat reduction in spots is not possible, but the encouragement to keep going. I recommend that you pay attention to the advice you arw given, who gives it, and whether it appears they are getting results similar to what you want.

Me, my bellys getting there. I eat well and more than 1200. I try to eat between 100 and my body weight in grams of protein (more than the mfp defaults ) my emphasis right now is strength with a plan to get back to running and training for races come the new year.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

#2 rule of weight loss.... We always lose last from the place we want it gone most. Mother Nature is cruel that way.

Tell me if you can eat like that and look like that when you are 60. No surgery. Well, you have no kids that mught help the belly fat.

If she keeps working as hard as she does, then yes, she can look like that at 60.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

I have 2 kids and have never had surgery. I just eat decent (what I want, within reason and using portion control) and workout.
  • jetscreaminagain
    Options
    Where is yanika when we need her? Seriously go look for her posts. Particularly with her results photos. Unless you want to continue to beliethay hotness is out of reach after children.
    Eta yanika is not 60. I'll grant you that point.

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

I have a child and I have a flat stomach even though I still have a way to go before reaching my goal. Genetics has blessed me with a tiny waist and thunder thighs.

People "eat like that" because they work their muscles hard and their mucles need to be fed. More muscles = higher metabolism = more food. If you like to eat - grow your muscles.

What she's doing is entirely sustainable. This woman is 74 and I guarantee she's not on the 1,200 calorie a day plan.

721.jpg
  • CakeFit21
    Options

I have a child and I have a flat stomach even though I still have a way to go before reaching my goal. Genetics has blessed me with a tiny waist and thunder thighs.

People "eat like that" because they work their muscles hard and their mucles need to be fed. More muscles = higher metabolism = more food. If you like to eat - grow your muscles.

What she's doing is entirely sustainable. This woman is 74 and I guarantee she's not on the 1,200 calorie a day plan.

721.jpg

Ok, now SHE is a SUPERHERO!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    So I have been using MFP for almost a month now, and I am very motivated and have been loving keeping track of my calories (which I have NEVER been a calorie counter). I can feel my arms getting tighter and my legs for sure, but I am NOT losing inches around my waist. I hate doing crunches, and I run on the treadmill for 30 minutes 3 days a week ( + 3 days elliptical)..... any advice?? Should I be seeing results by now??

If you want to lose inches off your waist, try incorporating Tae Bo Insane Abs into your routine. You will see a difference.

This is false information.

Losing inches off your waist is about diet, not the type of exercise you implement.

My information is not false. I don't diet. I don't believe in diets. I eat anything that I want. I don't deprive myself of anything that I like and doing Tae Bo, I have lost inches. I've started a 30 Day Tae Bo program that I have created in October and finished in November. In 27 days, I've lost 5 inches and 2 of those inches came from my waist, so don't tell me that my information is false.

You can only speak for your own body. I always speak from my own experience. Hatred is a bad boy.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    So I have been using MFP for almost a month now, and I am very motivated and have been loving keeping track of my calories (which I have NEVER been a calorie counter). I can feel my arms getting tighter and my legs for sure, but I am NOT losing inches around my waist. I hate doing crunches, and I run on the treadmill for 30 minutes 3 days a week ( + 3 days elliptical)..... any advice?? Should I be seeing results by now??

Think core work, not crunches -- planks and such are more effective and not as annoying to do!
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Its not easy and I can't eat the foods I want! :drinker:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

My information is not false. I don't diet. I don't believe in diets. I eat anything that I want. I don't deprive myself of anything that I like and doing Tae Bo, I have lost inches. I've started a 30 Day Tae Bo program that I have created in October and finished in November. In 27 days, I've lost 5 inches and 2 of those inches came from my waist, so don't tell me that my information is false.

You can only speak for your own body. I always speak from my own experience. Hatred is a bad boy.

You lost inches due a caloric deficit, which Tae Bo may have contributed to.

And a N=1 example does not make something true
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options

If you want to lose inches off your waist, try incorporating Tae Bo Insane Abs into your routine. You will see a difference.

This is false information.

Losing inches off your waist is about diet, not the type of exercise you implement.

diet:
    noun
    the food that a person or animal usually eats
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I love pictures like this. I want to be like her when I'm 74.

721.jpg
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    the shapely figure in woman has to do with estrogen. The more you have the more shapely your body will be. I have a recipe for a tea that will increase the amount of estrogen in your body and change the shape of your body. Also, I used to teach belly dance at the local college and I can give some exercises that will make your waist, not stomach (the sides of your body) smaller.

Tea:
    1 tbs fungreek seeds
    1 tbs funnel seeds
    5 star anis

let boil then turn down the heat to med for about 30 min, you can make concentrated with 1 cup water or diluted with 2 to 3. But you must drink the entire thing in one day, and to have any effect at all you must do it for at least 30 days to get a noticeable result you must do this for three months, I have been doing it for 5 months now, and I am still doing it cause it is very good for my body. Do not double the ingredients or drink it more than once per day or you will start getting muscle spasms in your stomach muscles and it may cause you to vomit.
    What this does is add a great deal of anti-oxidants in your body, balance your digestive system and hormone levels the effect is a calmer and more stable personality, your bust will be at it's ideal size for your body, and your waist and hips sizes with change. If your hips are too large or your waist is too large it should balance them both out so that you have an hourglass silhouette.

Exercises:

1. stand with your feet shoulder width apart, stick your *kitten* out, your arms should be extended just behind your thighs, then do the twist. Keep changing the position of you *kitten* and tightening your stomach till you feel it above you belly button.
    2. so the same exercise with the following changes:
    arch your back so you *kitten* is more inwards, your arms are in front of your thighs. You should feel this one below your belly button.

These exercises are used to gain control of your torso muscles and along with the different sit ups done regularly (4 times a day) combined with the tea should give you the desired results.

Good luck!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Where is yanika when we need her? Seriously go look for her posts. Particularly with her results photos. Unless you want to continue to beliethay hotness is out of reach after children.
    Eta yanika is not 60. I'll grant you that point.

Like a batsignal LOL

After 6 pregnancies

6443643851_b54111feda.jpg
    Photo by yanicka, on Flickr
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    People are fast to call me a troll, because they want me to see things their way or no way at all. Ignore.
    I am genuinely curious why you post on the forums?
    Most people that post on forums that are asking for advice expect to get more than one answer, and you won't always agree with what others say. The public forums are a perfect place for people to state their opinions.
    That being said, I don't think anyone has ever told you that Tae Bo is not a good workout. I don't think anyone has said that you shouldn't do it.
    What they have said, however, is that - based on medical/scientific studies and their own personal success - there is no magic formula to getting your dream body. You can't pop a pill and magically have a perfect body. You can't do one form of exercise and magically lose weight where you want and how you want.
    Rather than taking offense every time someone disagrees with you, why not just accept that they are every bit as free to express their opinion as you are yours?
    You suggested Tae Bo, others suggested other things. Not the end of the world.

(Also, just for the record, I have never done Tae Bo and reduced my waistline by more than 18" although I am sure that if I had incorporated Tae Bo along with all of the Zumba, Yoga, Walking, Swimming, and miscellaneous strength and other cardio, it probably would have contributed to that loss)
  • jetscreaminagain
    Options
    I'd suggest that most of the folks here with good results were happy to listen to people further down the path than they. Ir who had newer and more up to date info.

So do what makes sense and stick with it for a month or so. But keep your ears and eyes open and willing to learn and improve. Just about anything you decide to do will help. Just some things might be more effective than other things. You're smart. You'll figure it out.
  • skyestarz
    Options
    I've always heard the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn. I would think that doing an exercise where your core is engaged would create the muscle which in turn would shape up your stomach. Zumba is a great example of this. Also, swapping out low fat or no fat items in conjunction with the exercise should help a lot.

Good Luck! :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I've always heard the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn. I would think that doing an exercise where your core is engaged would create the muscle which in turn would shape up your stomach.
    An increase in muscle in one particular spot will not guarantee that the fat surrounding that muscle will melt away before any other pocket of fat on the body. Check out the facts about spot reducing that I posted earlier.
This discussion has been closed.