Quick, motivate me!!

Options
I have been doing MFP for about a couple of months now but have rarely stuck to it. I lost 25lbs on WW before my youngest was born, so I remember that feeling and want that again. I LOVE MFP, i really love that its on my blackberry. I am ready to go. I ordered 30ds yesterday and cant wait to start. I am doing well curbing cravings so far. Need help with 3 things...

1) Tell me something I can tell MYSELF in 3 days when im DYING for something bad...what KEEPS you guys motivated after the initial get-go?

2) Is there a regular weigh-in that anyone does on here, or anything similar that would help with accountability? I thought about posting my weight weekly as my facebook status lol.

3) I have a husband (who isnt a picky eater) and three small children. What are some meal ideas, that are EASY that will fall within a good calorie target range, but feed us all?

THANK YOU!! :)

Replies

• jennisgonnadoit
    jennisgonnadoit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can't say I can be too much help because I have only been going a week myself. I am interested in seeing what replies you get as well.

I can tell you for myself when I have those cravings that get the best of me (total choco-holic here) I go through some of the before and after pictures and see what can happen if I just stick to it. I will also let myself indulge a little bit but try to find something that won't be too horrible. I will put into my calorie journal things that I know I am going to eat and then add in what I want to eat right now and see what it does to my numbers. If it makes me go crazy out of whack then I know I can't eat it but if it still keeps me in my range with maybe removing something else or upping some exercies then I will go ahead and let myself have it in moderation.

I know that I am fighting with myself every day on this. Yesterday was very hard, I kept on thinking what makes me think this time will be different or that I can do it when so many people I know can't. And then I just told myself to snap out of it, that is my own doubt getting the best of me and the reason why I can this time and can when others can't is because I have complete control over this. No one is force feeding me things, I can make a difference and I will.

Not sure how much help that is but wanted to share my thoughts and let you know that you are not alone :)
  • dwallior3326
    Options
    1. I think it's always a good idea to keep snacks on hand for when those bad craving come. Yesterday I really wanted Taco Bell and I was driving in my car and I told myself not to go because just one quesadilla is 500 calories....I could go home and eat 2 Lean Pockets or a Smart Ones and something else and be even fuller!

2. Posting your weight on your facebook status is a good idea...if you have motivational friends. Like if you post it this week, and then next week you want to post it again, theres no way you will let yourself gain weight because your friends will be waiting to see how the number changes. I mean look at the Biggest Loser, they get half naked for their weekly weigh-ins and the whole WORLD can see how much weight they lost or didnt lose. Thats accountability!
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pictures in front of me on my desk. One is from 1997 when I was at my current goal weight with my wife when we were dating. The other is a picture of my kids with a post it note that reads "You've made a commitment."
  • nati39
    nati39 Posts: 85
    Options
    1) The phrase "A moment on the lips a life time on the hips" OR
    "Eat for nourishment only"..."The food is not the boss of me" helps me to stay away from the food when i have cravings :)

2) I'm sure there is a group out here that does the weigh in every week just look around the forum. if not create your own group with people that want to do the same thing as you. post here in the forum for people that are up for a challenge or support. it does keep one motivated and in friendly competition :)

3) ...as for the meals for a larger family not really sure. I cook chicken breast and fish a lot but i only cook for 3 people so it might be pricey if you have to cook for more...but its def. healthy!!!
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pictures in front of me on my desk. One is from 1997 when I was at my current goal weight with my wife when we were dating. The other is a picture of my kids with a post it note that reads "You've made a commitment."

That's awesome, and I am sure VERY motivational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!