Low GI foods

Options
carajo
carajo Posts: 532 Member
I have been hearing about low GI foods making you feel full longer, what is a "low GI" food??? Does anybody have certain foods they eat in the morning that keeps them going strong to lunch...I always feel like i am starving before 10:00!! Thanks, Cara

Replies

• carajo
    Options
    I have been hearing about low GI foods making you feel full longer, what is a "low GI" food??? Does anybody have certain foods they eat in the morning that keeps them going strong to lunch...I always feel like i am starving before 10:00!! Thanks, Cara
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    I don't know if it's a low GI food but I eat oatmeal everyday for breakfast. (Kashi Go Lean All Natural Creamy Oatmeal). I often add blueberries or raspberries and a teaspoon of flaxseed oil. This keeps me feeling very satisfied until lunch. It was also a recommened breakfast in the Dr. Oz book on Oprah if you happen to know of him.
  • sharondaley
    Options
    I don't know if it's a low GI food but I eat oatmeal everyday for breakfast. (Kashi Go Lean All Natural Creamy Oatmeal). I often add blueberries or raspberries and a teaspoon of flaxseed oil. This keeps me feeling very satisfied until lunch. It was also a recommened breakfast in the Dr. Oz book on Oprah if you happen to know of him.

could you say how many cals, carbs, protein etc this has???
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    You can Google their products and the NI should show up.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options

Check out this web site

www.nutricoach.net/low_gi_foods.html
  • littlespoon
    Options
    This is the actual website for the Glycemic Index.
    Its a university research model, NOT a fad diet. It recommended for diabetics because the carbohydrates burn slowly through the body, thus keeping you full longer by regulating your blood sugar level more efficiently.

Have a read.

http://www.glycemicindex.com/
  • carajo
    Options
    This is the actual website for the Glycemic Index.
    Its a university research model, NOT a fad diet. It recommended for diabetics because the carbohydrates burn slowly through the body, thus keeping you full longer by regulating your blood sugar level more efficiently.

Have a read.

http://www.glycemicindex.com/
    Thanks so much everyone!!!:happy: