Looking for a good granola recipe

Options
pilotgirl2007
pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
Does anyone know of a good healthy granola recipe? I love eating yogurt and granola but I store bought granola is pretty high in calories so I was wondering if anyone out there had a recipe that they have tried that is good

Replies

• glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I eat my homemade granola every day. It is not sweet, but gets its sweetness from the dried fruit I put in it. A serving is 1/3 cup and with the recipe tool here, it comes out to 215 calories/serving. It keeps me full all morning.

Preheat oven to 300 F.

In a large bowl combine:
    6 cups old fashioned oats
    50 raw, whole almonds, or about 1/2 chopped almonds
    8 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
    1 tablespoon cinnamon.
    Stir all together. Add:
    2 tablespoons honey and stir together.

In a 1 cup measuring cup add:
    1/4 cup canola oil and 3/4 cup water
    add in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

Pour oil/water/vanilla mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine thoroughly. Spread out evenly onto a large baking sheet (with sides). Bake for one hour, turning mixture over every 15 minutes.

When cool put in large jar or container and add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, 1/3 cup of dried cranberries and 12 pitted dates, chopped. Stir all together and cover tightly.

You can substitute other kinds of dry fruits and /or nuts, but will have to re-calculate the calories to be accurate.
  • kiahpyr
    kiahpyr Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too.
  • graycaro
    graycaro Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Yep!

Check out my Granola recipe (w/pic & nutritional info):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/406418-granola-w-pics-nutritional-info

I make it all the time and it's super delicious!

:)
  • sesefeeney
    sesefeeney Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wet" Ingredients:
    1/2 cup raw cashews
    1/2 cup raw almonds
    1 tsp. salt
    ...1 tsp. vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean ( optional)
    2 tsp. coconut oil/butter
    1/4 cup raw agave nectar
    1/3 cup raw honey
    2 tsp water

"Dry" Ingredients:
    1 cup shredded dry coconut(un sweet)
    1 cup RAW rolled oats
    1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
    Grind up the Almonds and cashews . I use my blender! works just fine. i also put the salt with the nuts so it gets good n mixed up!
    I Mix up all the dry ingredients in one bowl and in another bowl i mix up all the Wet ingredients.
    When they are all througholy mixed i combine them.
    I get out my Small glass casaroll dish. Spray it just a tiny bit with PAM. Spread the mixture out and flatten it.
    Put it int he Oven at 170 degrees for about 30 mins. after thats done stick it in the freezer Right away for 10 mins! not longer!!! because it will get to hard.
    I then take a pizza cutter and cut them into bars. and use a spatula to take them out, and store then in the Fridge.
    its only 100KCAL PER BAR
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Embell0830
    Options
    Wet" Ingredients:
    1/2 cup raw cashews
    1/2 cup raw almonds
    1 tsp. salt
    ...1 tsp. vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean ( optional)
    2 tsp. coconut oil/butter
    1/4 cup raw agave nectar
    1/3 cup raw honey
    2 tsp water

"Dry" Ingredients:
    1 cup shredded dry coconut(un sweet)
    1 cup RAW rolled oats
    1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
    Grind up the Almonds and cashews . I use my blender! works just fine. i also put the salt with the nuts so it gets good n mixed up!
    I Mix up all the dry ingredients in one bowl and in another bowl i mix up all the Wet ingredients.
    When they are all througholy mixed i combine them.
    I get out my Small glass casaroll dish. Spray it just a tiny bit with PAM. Spread the mixture out and flatten it.
    Put it int he Oven at 170 degrees for about 30 mins. after thats done stick it in the freezer Right away for 10 mins! not longer!!! because it will get to hard.
    I then take a pizza cutter and cut them into bars. and use a spatula to take them out, and store then in the Fridge.
    its only 100KCAL PER BAR

How many bars does it make?
  • Treed79
    Treed79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
  • blueeyess55
    blueeyess55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options