What do YOU eat on days when you feel like a bottomless pit?

Options
2»

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    LOL, that's everyday for me...I try to stay full with lean meat, lots of veggies and 4+ liters of water per day.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Some days I do sooo well because my hunger is normal...It's all good. BUT THEN I have days when I just feel soooooo HUNGRY and it's like NOTHING satisfies me. How do YOU deal with those days?

Do you notice a trend on those days that you aren't satisfied? Perhaps you are eating "empty calories" which will give you the desire to want to always eat. Instead, if you are loading up on nutrient dense foods - lentils, legumes, vegetables (sweet potato is my fave), raw nuts, lean meat, fruits - you'll be sustained longer.
  • LisaDianeAdams
    Options
    I graze. Nuts, dry pretzels, fruit, drink tea and water. Maybe a cup of decaf coffee.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    having one o those days today.

whatever i can get my hands on LOL

used to be chips or cookies by the handful, or some other such junk food. now i try to at least think about it for a few minutes before i just mindlessly grab it. still had some cookies today, but only 3 (1 serving size) instead of a stack of about 15 cookies.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Almost Cheesecake= LOTS (6 oz or more) of blackberries with a bit (1/4 to 1/2 cup) of organic yogurt

Big ole FAKE chocolate shake=big scoop of vegan protein power+some cacao powder+flax&chia seed blend+cup of toasted coconut coconut almondmilk blend and blended with ice cubes--this fills me up big time.

Thai food--lots of different dishes, with just a bit of everything!

BROCCOLI!!!!! Lately, I can't get enough broccoli, I've been eating a TON of it, sauteed with LOTS with garlic and ginger and spices. That with a vegetable soup fills me up for a long time.

Big ole protein bars...like Promax or Clif Builder bars or something like that with tons of ice water.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    A full bottle of water, wait 10 minutes, and then if I'm still hungry I'll go for a small protein carb combo like peanut butter toast
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    For me I grab protein, be it a tin of kipper snacks, tuna, hemp hearts or seeds, whey powder... when my protein level is "enough" which for me is over 110 grams (goal is 175) but as long as I get the 110 per day I tend to NOT graze like I'm a bottomless pit ;P

This!
    When I notice my hunger is getting out of control, first I drink 8 oz. of water to make sure it's not thirst instead of hunger. If that fails, then I try tuna, seeds, etc. Also try things like celery, carrots, and so forth. Low calorie vegetables can help eliminate the hunger, plus you're getting all kinds of nutrients! :)

Good luck OP!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Lean protein is a good way to fill up. Kinda depends what the body needs though.