What do YOU eat on days when you feel like a bottomless pit?

Options
124»

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Protein bars (like Atkins, the peanut butter one is delicious) or a high-fiber bar (my favorite is Fiber One Caramel, almost like a candy bar). Filling, sweet and fairly nutritious. Drink plenty of water with the fiber bars, though; you'll need it.
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Some days I do sooo well because my hunger is normal...It's all good. BUT THEN I have days when I just feel soooooo HUNGRY and it's like NOTHING satisfies me. How do YOU deal with those days?

What do you find yourself reaching for? Clearly your normal diet is lacking something.

When I have days like this I always crave, lasagna or pizza.... any idea what I would be lacking to want this type of food? I don't really deprive myself of anything, I just try to stay within my numbers. And since trying to lose weight I have probably eaten twice as much of this type of food as I ever have eaten previously because of the cravings.
  • StevenDweeb
    StevenDweeb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Coffee, popcorn and gum :) I try hard not to give in to the massive cravings unless I've really had a crazy tough workout
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, and if I need more fruit I'll mix fruit with it. But I keep a stash of greek non fat plain yogurt in the freezer and when I want a treat or am just hungry I'll pull one out and slowly make my way through it. With it being frozen it takes longer to eat and I can judge just how hungry I actually am.

And sipping on water in between bites. Water helps with what I think is hunger pains sometimes and then it turns out to be thirst pains I was confusing with hunger.
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Stuff my face with some meats, chicken or eggs and spinach. That mostly nips it in the bud. Quick.
  • jessfrose
    Options
    One tip is to eat slowly and chew at least 20 times before you swallow your food. It takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that you're full so that's an extra 20 minutes of eating that may not be necessary. Prepare your meal, eat slowly, and if you feel full before you finish, save the rest for a snack later, that way you save calories that you would have used on snacks, on top of your meal :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I find it's best to eat exactly what I'm craving, be it chocolate or pizza, because no amount of fruit and rice cakes will satisfy that craving and I'll probably end up eating it anyhow on top of trying to fill up on healthy options.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I drink tons of hot tea, nsa.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I find it's best to eat exactly what I'm craving, be it chocolate or pizza, because no amount of fruit and rice cakes will satisfy that craving and I'll probably end up eating it anyhow on top of trying to fill up on healthy options.

^^ me too

Also but what I try to do is have the best quality I can. So, if I'm craving Coffee cake for example (quite common for me) then I go and get a slice of the best damn coffee cake I can... no cheap rubbish.

Works for me (sometimes).
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Anything with a little fat makes me feel so much better. Eggs with a sausage or tortillas with cheese.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and almonds help me on those days. Must be the mix of fat and protein that helps fill up a bit. I have one day a week it seems where I am absolutely famished. Usually follows a day where I didn't eat enough...