ONE THING

Options
If you could say there was one thing(yes just ONE) that contributed to your success what would it be?

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    tracking and planning what I eat
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    persistence
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    MFP.
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound awful, but I moved away from home! I moved over a couple provinces, had to restart my pantry/fridge... had to budget for groceries, few friends, less dinners out, got a part-time job at a gym instead of a restaurant, my boyfriend is thousands of miles away... so, starting fresh, definitely. I actually found it quite easy to lose the weight, and now that it's gone for the most part, I think I'll be motivated to maintain once I go home..
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    And finding workouts I enjoy.

Sorry that's two things, but I broke them into two posts becasue they're equally important to me. :)
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Anger. I was ticked off at my family - over things I seem to have no control over. So I took control of what I could - my own health! It became a project and MFP was the tool I used to help me do it.

That was 3 months ago. Not angy anymore, and 17 lbs lighter!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    "If every day were like today, in five weeks you'd weigh 225" The first time I closed out of my MFP diary.

When I read that, I got a thrill, and then I decided to "prove" it was going to be wrong. No way, I thought. Ya Right!, I thought. Let's just see if that's true, I said to myself.

That was 3 years ago, and you see my ticker now :blushing:
  • sahalcomb
    sahalcomb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Exercise...weight training in particular! Makes me feel strong & lean! Makes me feel good about myself & encouages me to keep going, and going! :bigsmile:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Determination
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Quitting alcohol
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Commitment :)
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Nice, loving all the answers.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Remembering what it was like to grunt every time I got up off the couch.
  • live4something
    live4something Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I am worth the hard work that it has taken.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    The "Jmruef has logged in for X days in a row" thing. LOVE seeing the numbers increase and that keeps me going. Seriously.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Putting myself first (was hard to pick just one thing, but that was the main "one" thing).
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    being stubborn!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Doing research and getting educated about calorie burns! I always assumed I burned what the machines and online calculators said. Got a HRM and found out I burned way less. Then started eating accordingly.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    Recording everything I put in my mouth and seeing how much things "cost" in terms of calorie dollars. I'm very sensible!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Quitting alcohol

I quitt 6 months ago...Nothing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!