Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A little motivation

Akamedian
Akamedian Posts: 16
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
So, i'm running a half-marathon on April 26 and I've been training really hard for it. I told some friends a while ago and was having a conversation with them yesterday and instead of encouraging me they laughed. Like they doubt that I will be able to run and finish 13.1 miles. So, I'd like to give anyone who needs it, some motivation. I was once 196 pounds and now I am down to 131. Good old fashion hard work got me here. I was told that instead of trying to become a scientist, I should be housewife (No, a professor really told me this! Straight A's all my life, maybe a B here and there). Well, not only am I scientist, but I work for the top pharmaceutical company in the world and i'm a darn good scientist. God got me here. So, I'm determined more than ever to run the full 13.1 miles. It's motivation for me when people put limits and boundaries on me. Nothing pleases me more than being successful because no words are necessary. In life, people will always try to tell you what you can and can't do. It hurts, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Sometimes you have to encourage yourself and pat your own self on the back and say self I can do this :smile:. Don't let anyone put limits on you!!!! If noone has told you recently, I BELIEVE IN YOU!!! I know you can do whatever you put your mind to. A man falls seven times, but gets back up. Whatever it is you can do it!! Channel all that negativity into fuel for your fire!!

Replies

• So, i'm running a half-marathon on April 26 and I've been training really hard for it. I told some friends a while ago and was having a conversation with them yesterday and instead of encouraging me they laughed. Like they doubt that I will be able to run and finish 13.1 miles. So, I'd like to give anyone who needs it, some motivation. I was once 196 pounds and now I am down to 131. Good old fashion hard work got me here. I was told that instead of trying to become a scientist, I should be housewife (No, a professor really told me this! Straight A's all my life, maybe a B here and there). Well, not only am I scientist, but I work for the top pharmaceutical company in the world and i'm a darn good scientist. God got me here. So, I'm determined more than ever to run the full 13.1 miles. It's motivation for me when people put limits and boundaries on me. Nothing pleases me more than being successful because no words are necessary. In life, people will always try to tell you what you can and can't do. It hurts, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Sometimes you have to encourage yourself and pat your own self on the back and say self I can do this :smile:. Don't let anyone put limits on you!!!! If noone has told you recently, I BELIEVE IN YOU!!! I know you can do whatever you put your mind to. A man falls seven times, but gets back up. Whatever it is you can do it!! Channel all that negativity into fuel for your fire!!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Wow thanks for the motivation! I can't believe your friends laughed at you that is just mean! You can definitely do it! Just keep running :happy: Good luck!

~Leash
  • Congrats on running the half! I really want to run a half but right now (living in S. Korea) there really aren't that many races. Hopefully this summer when my husband and I move to Washington State I will have more of an opportunity.

I find that those who try to shoot you down are JEALOUS. Jealous of your success, jealous of your motivation, jealous of your overall fitness ability.
  • dmhat6278
    dmhat6278 Posts: 25 Member
    THANKS...I really needed to hear something POSITIVE today! And way to go on your accomplishments. Hope the marathon is everything you want it to be:happy:
  • You are a great example to us all, my hat is off to you! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.