Do You Use Caffeine As An Effective Weightloss Aid?

Options
I know its the main ingredient in diet pills and it increases your metabolism and body's thermogensis along with supressing appetite, but who all has had success with that? It helped me..

Replies

• kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but what form of caffeine did you use and how?
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Caffeine and Ephedrine, yes.

Cheaper than diet pills. Waaaaay cheaper actually.

But not many people take the time to educate themselves.

I don't intake caffeine in any other forms then pills, but i like the fact that I can control/regulate it.

;)
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    OxyElite Pro by USP Labs from GNC. But I love COFFEE! Plain straight up strong coffee :D
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't put your hope in it. Put your hope in yourself. Caffeine won't do anything but keep you awake. Trust me. Been working nights for years consuming large amounts of caffeine and still fat. You will never be more successful than when you decide that the main ingredient in your success is yourself.
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Yes its very useful.
    But you need a clean diet.
    To do weights or cardio.

Never had oxyelite
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee and green tea all day long and have for years...it hasn't helped me!
  • stcar
    Options
    I drink black coffee and green tea all day long and have for years...it hasn't helped me!
    however my sister takes caffeine pills called Wake ups and she's really skinny....??
  • stcar
    Options
    however my sister takes caffeine pills called Wake ups and she's really skinny....??
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i have a shot of expresso befor emy morning workout - i dont know whether its fact but it helps me get through the workout for sure!
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    I wish they sold it in my gym before I went in.
  • Shredded2011
    Options

Me too.
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Caffeine and Ephedrine, yes.

Cheaper than diet pills. Waaaaay cheaper actually.

But not many people take the time to educate themselves.

I don't intake caffeine in any other forms then pills, but i like the fact that I can control/regulate it.

;)

Do you mean caffeine in pill form like NoDoze? I drink coffee but the pills usually make me pretty shaky.
    Where do you even get Ephedrine?
  • MrsGreen1985
    MrsGreen1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Not the same thing but a few years ago I lost 4 stone in about 8 weeks due to drinking red bull.I wasn't drinking it a lot but for some reason my body couldn't tolerate it. it just fell off.

Wish that would happen again lol
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I find that it helps clean my system out. I am very sensitive to caffiene and when I drink coffee I almost always have bowel movement within an hr. Sorry if that tmi but I am often irregular which causes bloating and after I get "cleaned out" the scale is at least a lb lighter. I know its not fat loss but it helps me see where I am weight wise without the extra gunk. Lmao!
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    My friend / trainer told me how to use caffeine to lose weight for my competitions and if you don't abuse it thten it works well. but it can be addictive

http://www.wix.com/mickproffitt/get-ripped-and-lose-fat-now#!

But you should try to live more naturally - but its hard.

You can use yohimbe too
  • jenyak
    jenyak Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, but it keep me awake at nights, even if I have it in the morning. I also will get a headache if I skip a day of caffeine.
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I gave up caffeine during the Summer, and noticed cellulite was much improved, obviously I was also eating healthy and excercising ( I was drinking anything upto 10 cups of coffee a day originally)...went back on it and to be honest fell off the healthy eating wagon.....Ive given up again there about 3 weeks ago, and I hope to stay off it indefinitely, maybe have it as a treat.

Caffeine ( in Tea/Coffee/Coke/Red Bull) for me equals...Cellulite, Premature Ageing, and supposedly when caffeine hits the central nervous system it lowers blood sugar...which increases the brains demand for more sugar.

Im no expert on this though...but its not for me.

Im also wary of any pills/diet pills or otherwise, as I was always under the impression that diet pills increased heart rate...leading to many heart problems in coming years, starting with not being able to excercise to a point of getting out of breath due to fainting etc?
  • stcar
    Options
    I gave up caffeine during the Summer, and noticed cellulite was much improved, obviously I was also eating healthy and excercising ( I was drinking anything upto 10 cups of coffee a day originally)...went back on it and to be honest fell off the healthy eating wagon.....Ive given up again there about 3 weeks ago, and I hope to stay off it indefinitely, maybe have it as a treat.

Caffeine ( in Tea/Coffee/Coke/Red Bull) for me equals...Cellulite, Premature Ageing, and supposedly when caffeine hits the central nervous system it lowers blood sugar...which increases the brains demand for more sugar.

Im no expert on this though...but its not for me.

Im also wary of any pills/diet pills or otherwise, as I was always under the impression that diet pills increased heart rate...leading to many heart problems in coming years, starting with not being able to excercise to a point of getting out of breath due to fainting etc?
    I agree with this 100 % ^^
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    OEP worked pretty well. But I also ate clean and strict with it too. I didnt workout and lost 35lbs within 8 months.