Ladies with big ta-ta's!

Options

Replies

• Spicergroup
    Options
    First things first! Go get the girls fitted properly. A friend of mine works @ the local Hanes Outlet store, and out of the blue, asked me when the last time I was fitted. Duh! Probably when I was about 15! LOL! Apparently, it had been bugging her that she could tell my bras were the wrong, wrong, wrong size. Hanes also has em on sale from time to time, buy 2 get 1 free, etc. Also, did you ladies know that the average life of a bra is only 6 months? I sure didn't. It's been about 5 months and 30 pounds for me, so time to go back and see Laurie! HTH!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I ONCE for many years...was a 40DD and I would find mine at WalMart and of course VS; you might want to look up coupons or check out the bra sales at VS. I'm actually a 34D now and it's still kind of hard to find my size in the pretty printed and colored bras.
  • stargazgal
    stargazgal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 dd and love the Victoria Secret bra (bio fit ) esp the one that has racerback ...so comfortable and I can wear tanks too! I have one in ever colour! For working out I have tried everything...do not waste money on the ENELL sports bra...they still bounce. I have found now the best thing to do is wear an older underwire bra and then a compression sports bra on top...and I teach high impact aerorbics...doesnt stop the bounce but def helps :)
    I agree about big boobs though..I am thinking that I may consider a breast reduction in a couple of years...just feel so sloppy when working out..trying to look tight and athletic and then these big things bouncing all over! :)
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    People who don't have large boobs don't understand how frustrating it is to have them. It's difficult and more expensive for bras, they get in the way, etc... it's super frustrating.

I agree! They are moderately expensive, but I have found 'Anita' brand online to be very supportive and they have a variety of odd sizes. Hand wash your bras and don't put them in a dryer so they last longer. I spend $300-400 per year in bras. I would rather buy cute boots!!
  • slayerdan
    Options
    So the headline caught my eye and I felt it my duty to offer my assistance. My hands fir 34 dd thru......kidding. My exwife was a 38ddd and she had a horrible time....either too tight pushups that caused the "frog eye" bulge over the bra or too big. Even if you dont buy there, go get measured at Fredericks, Victorias, or a Higher end store that has trained people to get your exact size. Once you have that, shop smart, but the problem here is that good boobie holders are like good shoes--they cost. Everynow and again you may catch a sale, but be smart and get good holders if you have bigger boobs---the ex was so over the top happy once she was properly fitted.Luck to you and your boobs.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Next time your in Las Vegas just go walk into any clothing store. Maybe your can ask the first Cocktail waitress that walks by. I'm not bashing, just saying. God bless the waitresses.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    i'm posting this for my son's girlfriend. She's a size J (naturally) & can't find ANY stores that carry her size. She's dislikes ordering them online because if they don't fit, she has to go through the hassle of returning them & then waiting for a refund or exchange. She tried Lane Bryant & got fitted there, but they didn't have any her size.
    Any suggestions?
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Look at Frederick's of Hollywood
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Erm last I was a 40GG or H. I look hard and find big department stores are the best. But do try adult shops on the sales, you'd be surprised.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I also agree with Lane Bryant and they have great people there to do fittings and help you out.

I'm on the last hooks and am feeling loose in my 40DDD and am thinking of going there tomorrow to get refitted and maybe get matching bras and panties (hubby really likes how they look in their catalog) hehehe

Freddies also has a great selection in larger sizes for not too much!!
  • henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Playtex cross your heart and Just my size. Look for the bras in the boxes. You can find some pretty, supportive, bras without underwires. Also these styles have very comfy shoulder straps. About 15 dollars each, but will wear a long time if you hang to dry, don't use the dryer.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    When Victoria Secret has the semiannual buy one get one half off sale, stock up! lol
  • Kfeira
    Options
    Check out "Linda the Bra Lady" online.... great bras... every size ....

Good Luck - K
  • Kfeira
    Options
    I'm a 38 F and have found "Linda the bra lady" - just google it online... perfect fit for all sizes... excellent resourse.

Good luck
    K
  • ashreneeknutson
    Options
    I am having such a hard time finding a bra that fits well. I am a 34DD and it is THE hardest size to find. Of course no stores like Kohls or Target carry this size, and if they do it is those huge, shapeless kind which even seem to be too big! Where do you find your bras? Of course there is always Victorias Secret but I do not want to spend $60 per bra when I need multiples! I don't want push up bras either, just something that will hold them comfortably and look fantastic! HELP MY BOOBIES!

FREDERICK'S OF HOLLYWOOD!!! I'm a 40DD and I used to work there. They have a few styles that are made SPECIFICALLY for busty women. Try the Corset bra...super comfy!! They're bras are something like 2 for $52 or something when they are at regular price. And the best thing is that the bras will last you a very long time as long as they are properly taken care of. I refuse to buy bras or panties from anywhere but Fredericks.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DD as well thanks to my plastic surgeon... and I also wear 36D which is the sister size. I have a cute black with white polka dots bra from walmart for about $9. Try finding a 36D that will fit close. GL!
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    Hey there... I have 36DDD... Used to be a 36DD.. but realized that I had to keep re-adjusting... I found that Soma has great bras.. Yes they are around $42.00 but so are VS and they aren't that great... They always have specials going... Hope that this helps...

illy

I get my bras from Soma too and LOVE them. Totally worth the money.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, good bras at that size are expensive. Usually around $60. And I know you said that was too expensive.

I finally had to give in. I'm a natural 32E (in some brands a 34DDD) and I have to get mine from Nordstroms. It sucks but WOW it makes a difference to have a good well fitting bra! Just the lift that a good bra gives is fantastic and makes my waist look smaller :D

The problem is most places figure if you cup size is big then your band size should be too. Hence why our size is so hard to find.

I recommend Chantelle, Fantasie and for sports bras I recommend Freya. I've tried all these and they are great but they are also expensive. Some of the best money I ever spent, though, I have to say. For sports bras, I've also heard good things about Enell and Moving Comfort but I havent tried those.

Good luck! I feel your pain :)
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hey there... I have 36DDD... Used to be a 36DD.. but realized that I had to keep re-adjusting... I found that Soma has great bras.. Yes they are around $42.00 but so are VS and they aren't that great... They always have specials going... Hope that this helps...

illy

I get my bras from Soma too and LOVE them. Totally worth the money.

Ditto! I was noticing mine have stretched but don't want to splurge on new bras until after the holidays so I went to Kohls. I tried on every one in my size - and there weren't many. I found one I thought I could make do with for a couple months. ABSOLUTELY HATE IT! I will not make that mistake again.

Three things worth paying top dollar for: a pedicure, a good haircut, and a great bra.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 dd and love the Victoria Secret bra (bio fit ) esp the one that has racerback ...so comfortable and I can wear tanks too! I have one in ever colour! For working out I have tried everything...do not waste money on the ENELL sports bra...they still bounce. I have found now the best thing to do is wear an older underwire bra and then a compression sports bra on top...and I teach high impact aerorbics...doesnt stop the bounce but def helps :)
    I agree about big boobs though..I am thinking that I may consider a breast reduction in a couple of years...just feel so sloppy when working out..trying to look tight and athletic and then these big things bouncing all over! :)

I always loved the bio fit type bra from VS back when I was a 38F. Now I'm a 36D after a reduction and then two kids.

I loved my reduction. I actually think that if I hit goal weight and am still big, I might do it again when I'm certain I'm done having kids. :-)