Afternoon workout and all that sweat!

Options
HI! I'm a SAHM who loves running several miles most days and I work up quite a sweat! I've worked out in the afternoons before, switched to mornings for awhile, but have to go back to afternoons (my husband stays up studying, and I like to usually go to bed when he does, and I need to get more sleep!)
So, I'm back to afternoons. I just don't care for all the sweat I work up and think I will have to shower again in the afternoons? But then there's my looks! lol, hair, makeup... I was wondering how many other sexy mamas out there ;) have figured this one out, or do you just cope with doing it all over again? And I thought of using a shower cap? but my hair gets sweaty too. Would love to hear what others do! Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Would love an answer to this, too. i can usually sneak in little workouts throughout the day, but the shower question always stops me.
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    I just deal with it. I go to work too early to work out in the morning, I already get up at 4:40am. I usually work out as soon as I get home at 4:00pm, before I get too involved with dinner & household chores, etc, don't want to get side tracked & skip my workout. I generally do a Jillian Micheals video, Ripped in 30 currently. I'm usually pretty gross & sweaty by the time I'm done. I change out my sweat soaked clothes & into clean lounge clothes because I'm more often than not just going to spend the next few hours doing house work & cooking dinner. I shower in the evening before I go to bed. I wake up too early for work, so I don't shower in the morning, just wash my face. I just don't have time to shower 2 or 3 times a day, I barely can fit in my workout, so I do what I can. If I am planning to run errands or something in the evening, I'll either do it first & get my work out in afterwards, when I'm home for the evening, or I'll find a way to fit in that extra shower.
  • elloaido
    Options
    I work out in the afternoons on my lunch hour. I just shower (rinse my body) and not wash my hair. I actually blow dry my roots a little to dry up the sweat. I still feel a little gross because I know my hair is not clean, but at least it's not sweaty. I shower in the evening also.
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I guess I will try showering in the evenings and unless I go out for the evening, not worry about it! And it IS nice to just roll out of bed in the morning, I like showers, but they are more relaxing for me I think, so evening makes sense :D
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I tie my hair back and don't bother washing it normally post lunchtime run... it doesn't smell. I shower off my body though. I don;t bother reapplying makeup...I'm not supposed to wear much to work anyway!
  • amandal00
    amandal00 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I too just do a quick rinse off, I don't really like blow drying my hair so no way do I want to do that more than once a day.