Extreme - Crash Dieting (Less Time - Less Pain)

Options
2»

Replies

• TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I did Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook for about a month and did really well, but came off of it right when I started studying for the Bar exam... rebounded with a 15-lb weight gain but it was my own fault because I didn't gradually ease back into regular eating. Takes a lot of discipline to do it the right way and I thought I had it but faltered at the end.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

It's not the healthiest way, but its quick.

Kinda defeats the entire premise of this site, don't ya think (sustainable lifestyle changes to promote "healthy" weightloss)?
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i did a 900 calorie or less per day diet for months to lose a large amount of weight. i didn't include exercise, and while the diet was successful, my metabolism suffered, and i gained some of it back.

when i lost the weight again and did it the right way, it was slower, but the weight also stayed off. i would recommend doing it the right way so that you only have to do it once.
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    I did Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook for about a month and did really well, but came off of it right when I started studying for the Bar exam... rebounded with a 15-lb weight gain but it was my own fault because I didn't gradually ease back into regular eating. Takes a lot of discipline to do it the right way and I thought I had it but faltered at the end.

my trainer is a big fan of lyle's thats the kind of diet i do pretty much!!!!!
    But as soon as you have the carbs you gain h20 and shoot back up.
    quick fix
  • Shredded2011
    Options

It's not the healthiest way, but its quick.

Kinda defeats the entire premise of this site, don't ya think (sustainable lifestyle changes to promote "healthy" weightloss)?

Ha i do not work for or represent this site and am not a perfectionist. lol

I body build naturally and it takes some manipulation of food types etc to get to my goals.... not your idealistic ones.

but yes i agree... thats why i joined this site mr trail runner.
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    I follow the Primal Blueprint, which is eating clean, lots of healthy fats, and no grains, legumes, sugars, or high glycemic-index fruits (though fruit is not banned - just the really sugary fruits like pineapple and melon and bananas). I totally love it, and the weight has been melting off so fast.

Primal exercise is great, too... If you want to learn more, check out marksdailyapple.com, or stop by the Primal?Paleo support group here.

:)
    Amy

So0unds really good and natural
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    The only way I would do this is a PSMF (protein sparing modified fast) which is essentially high protein, very low carb and fat, and weight lifting only twice a week to preserve lean muscle mass. Google Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss. Any other way, you'll gain it back and then some. If you're going to do it, do it "properly"
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Crash diets can work well if done correctly, but one of the problems with crash diets is that the dieter never learns sustainable weight management. A crash dieter can be taught how to maintain when the diet is over, but it rarely happens this way in real life.

Yeah!
    That's right.
    The reason it doesn't happen is because we know we really can shift the weight when we want to.
    So are secure putting it back on.

But it would be easier to keep the same weight. But I go down to a very low bodyfat and you wouldn't want to stay there too long as thats not great for you either - but you look good for a bit
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Crash diets can work well if done correctly, but one of the problems with crash diets is that the dieter never learns sustainable weight management. A crash dieter can be taught how to maintain when the diet is over, but it rarely happens this way in real life.

That is me to a T. Every time the scale isn't moving I keep thinking if I fast I could lose it... Got to try to do it healthy and change my life. :)
    yeah me too thats why i'm on this site.
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    The only way I would do this is a PSMF (protein sparing modified fast) which is essentially high protein, very low carb and fat, and weight lifting only twice a week to preserve lean muscle mass. Google Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss. Any other way, you'll gain it back and then some. If you're going to do it, do it "properly"

Yeah thats what I do more or less. But am not as strict as his programme.
    Keep the protein up to 90g per day but i don't want to bore you with details my trainer does all that for me.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    although I like your weight lfiting approach, I don't think you can keep all the muscle and lose just fat when you lose weight that quickly. You should do bodyfat testing before / after just for personal reference.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I think this is a scam. This person has only been a member a couple days, has only posted in this thread, and the link posted in their "about me" is a cheaply done website promoting "fat loss secrets" and some weird supplement, but does not have ANY actual information on what exactly they're selling. And like all other scam profiles, it's a mid-30's woman in some weird random town.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I think this is a scam. This person has only been a member a couple days, has only posted in this thread, and the link posted in their "about me" is a cheaply done website promoting "fat loss secrets" and some weird supplement, but does not have ANY actual information on what exactly they're selling. And like all other scam profiles, it's a mid-30's woman in some weird random town.

:bigsmile:
  • AceDuddyMegaa
    Options
    stop trolling these people with crash dieting man lol way too obvious
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sounds impossible to maintain. I vote for the slow and steady path, but recognize that everyone's different.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Get ready for spam. It's COMING!