How to get paste the cravings

Options
Sorry guys this is a question for the ladies out there.

How do you get paste the cravings during that time of the month?:explode:

I am loosing it here and i don't want to undo all my hard work, but i just can't help it.

I have tried drinking water to fill me up, and i really am not hungry but i really want that chocolate.

Replies

• alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I am loosing it here and i don't want to undo all my hard work, but i just can't help it.

I have tried drinking water to fill me up, and i really am not hungry but i really want that chocolate.
  • timetoembrace
    Options
    I crave chocolate...Dark chocolate!!!!!

I found some dove that is sugar free....and I let it melt in my mouth slowly.

Guess what???? One peice is all I needed. It fixed the craving...

I have always heard when you are craving something to eat just a tiny bit of it...or you risk crashing and eating everything in sight...just count it in your calories...

Somone told me the food would start talking to you....and it does. I know, CRRRAAAZZZYYYY Right?!?!!? But it really does nag at me if I try not to put it down, even if It is one hershey kiss...

hang in there, I think alot of it is mind over matter also...
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Once u stop giving into them they do subside...I excercise harder during that TOM which really increases my water intake and minimizes hunger
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    Cravings don't go away without a fight.

Weight loss is not for the weak of spirit! It's tough.

It does get easier as you have spent some time doing this. This is a journey, a process. Change comes in fits and starts.

Sometimes only chocolate will do it. Just log it like you would any food, try to keep portions small, and keep going. :flowerforyou:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself! Let yourself have a bit, a small bit, and log it. If you are like me and you do deprive yourself, you run the risk of crashing and burning later. Try Hershey's raspberry bliss, one piece is just enough and it is DELICIOUS!!!
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, i counted out some M&M's and ate them slowly. Now if i can get through the next few days i will be good.

Thanks again.
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am a BIG fan of chocolate (one reason I'm here::laugh: ). If you want to satisfy a sweet tooth, buy a bag of chocolate chips, and eat like 12 pieces SLOWLY (22 pieces is a serving). It helps me big time!:wink:
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hey alapointe,

If it is an option, don't have chocolate easily accessible. Even if you are craving it, not having access to it will not even allow you to consider the possibility. Even if it's in your house, putting it in an inconvenient spot or out of reach will give you some time to think about it before you go for it. And cravings usually go away after 10 minutes. I think the best way to solve it is to busy your hands with something else, like doing your nails. Wouldn't want to mess them up! And, if after 20 minutes or so, you're still craving it, go ahead and indulge a little. Just don't make it a habit.