Do you eat/crave more when you wake up earlier?

Options
I wake up at 4 am two days a week and on those days, I find that I've already consumed 1000 calories by two PM. Even though I exercise to increase how much I can eat, being in the 1000s by 2 pm just doesn't feel right given that I'm usually at roughly 500 by then. Do you all think it's okay to eat that much over the span of 4 am to 2 pm?

Replies

• it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If you are awake you feel hunger far more than when you are asleep. So if you have more waking hours, it makes sense to feel hungrier.

And 1000 calories over 10 hours doesn't sound like a lot to me unless you are on a very restrictive diet. It sounds pretty normal.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I am RAVENOUS when I have an early morning workout. I make sure my cals that morning consist of a lot of filling protein and whole grains. Fruit is good too. If you're hungry, eat!
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, i get up at 5am 3-5 days a week and hit the gym before work, and i def feel a lot hungrier throughout the day..
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    The longer I'm up, the more I eat!
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much always ravenous. And actually, when I sleep in I feel it more. My body is like "get outta bed and FEED ME"