Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.

Options
I've been hearing a lot about it and was wondering what everyone's thoughts on it were. Should I buy the video & try it out?? Anybody done it already and seen results??

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i just finished my 3rd day. no results yet but i am sore!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Try it, you'll love it! I didn't lose much weight but lost 12" in my arms, waist, hips and thighs. It's so cheap (under $10 at Walmart or Target I think) and so worth it! Just search for some of the success stories on the board and you'll rush out and purchase for sure!
  • fininski
    Options
    Oh honey you just need to search for "30 day shred results" in google and this forums results are all come up!
    Its how i found this site!!
    There are some amazing result pictures to be seen if you track em down :)
  • kit548emt
    Options
    I like it! You can check it out from the library for free and try it out, or get it at Walmart for like $10. She can get a little annoying sometimes but it's definitely a good workout. Once you get the workouts down you can tune her out and listen to music.
  • Lanae7
    Lanae7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i just finished my 3rd day. no results yet but i am sore!

3rd day as well, and sore, sore, sore. Great workout. I am sure I will see results within 2 weeks with the way I am feeling :sad:
  • nicoleeoff
    nicoleeoff Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of 30DS. It works, BUT it can get boring. You're basically doing the same workout over and over each day. I tend to get bored easily though. I've started alternating between the 30DS DVD and the treadmill. Hope this helps. :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :) I'm going to buy it tonight! I also go to the gym & do cardio 5-6 days a week, so maybe I'll alternate days.
  • Laineegrrl
    Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love it! I was completely out of shape so I am still on level one.
  • chai_latte
    chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I just started 30 day shred today!!! :)

And all I have to say is: OUCH!

it's a good ouch though :P waiting to see how sore i'll be when i wake up tmrw, but excited to see what transformation my body will undergo in 30 days (30 mins a day!!!)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I am a little over halfway through and have already lost several inches over various areas. It's a great workout. I started out using 1 and 3 lb weights (so out of shape! Really needed a program like this!) and soon was able to start using 5 lb weights for some of the exercises. Might need to move up for some exercises soon, again. It has some great ab exercises - I've lost 2" off my mom-belly (measured at the navel) already.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it with my sister-in-law and let me assure you it's workout. If you push yourself, and I mean really push yourself, you can see great results. My core has never been stronger. After 3 days I ordered Ripped In 30, that's how much of a difference I felt.

To put it in perspective, I'm in shape (or so I thought) lift weights, run 5k's, 10k's, in fact I just completed a half-marathon. And this DVD wore me out!!!

I spent 5 days on Level 1 and 10 on Level 2 , so I'm half-way through the DVD. Trust me it works!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have had it for awhile and I love it. I also love that you can always up your workout. I finished all 3 levels and so I went back and upped my weights on the levels. Mostly I use 5lb weights, but on some I can even use 8 lb weights. I now have worked myself up to where I can do all 3 levels back to back and just skip the 2 other warm ups and cool downs... There is so much variety you can do with this dvd:smile: .
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm done Level 1 Day 10 today (moving to level 2 tomorrow). So far I lost 4 or 5 lbs and will take my mesurements tomorrow morning to see how many inches I lost in level 1. But I can already see a great difference!!!
  • jmhunter84
    Options
    I am doing it right now..I am on Day 6. It is a good workout for 20 mins, but it can get boring because you are doing the same thing, but it's worth it for the time and the money. good luck
  • tamaranash
    tamaranash Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was pretty fit.. started on level 2 a week ago.. I already have improved.. and the video does kick my *kitten* My heart rate monitor is alarming regularly for going higher then I should on my HR.. and also..I have noticed my runs (which I already did regularly) have improved! I feel lighter on my feet, and faster.. so ya.. it works..it can be boring..but if you put your time in.. its hardcore as far as video's go.. I also love zumba abs.. don't know if anyone has that video but I do 20 min zumba abs then kick it up with the shred it with weights.. good stuff!
  • meggypooh
    meggypooh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ive done 2 days of Level 1 so far. Its an awesome workout! Intense, but that just means its working! So glad I bought it, and I cant wait for the end of the 30 days so I can see some change!! :)

Feel free to add me if youd like :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone for their input!
    I bought it last night, convinced my best friend & gym partner to do it with me too since I'm hearing such great things!
    We'll be starting it tonight!!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I love it. I completed a round and now I do it periodically. It's really cheap and it has been very effective for me. I loved it so much that I bought a bunch of her other dvds and I mix it up.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I love it. I completed a round and now I do it periodically. It's really cheap and it has been very effective for me. I loved it so much that I bought a bunch of her other dvds and I mix it up.

I have a list of her other DVDs that I want to try - going to have a collection to alternate once I finish this first round of the Shred. :-)
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    This sounds very hard work but amazing! Do you think it would be suitable for someone just starting out or too much? I have like 70lbs to lose so pretty unfit :(