How long do the calories you burn take to come off your weig

Options
I weighed myself this morning then went to the gym and burned 657 cals, ate my 1500 cals for today.

I then weighed myself out of interest tonight and I had put on 3lbs, now I know that will take into consideration the food I have eaten today still sitting in my stomach even although I have been to the toilet tonight.

I am just asking out of interest how long the cals burnt will take to reduce my body weight?

Thanks

Replies

• greenshine
    greenshine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There are so many factors it all really depends. I usually lose my weight once a week on about the same day. I am ALWAYS 5lbs heavier during the day then in the morning though.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you have to stay consistent over the course of a few days to begin seeing the results. There is no definite clock-based answer on how fast it appears on the scale. But in about a week you should see movement on the scale.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    It's about your energy balance over time, not after you go do something that resembles exercise. If you continue to be in a negative energy balance you will continue to lose weight, when that actually takes place, is when you least expect it and certainly not after the gym.
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    Thanks folks, I think I will go back to just weighing in once a week as the natural changes in your body weight whilst absolutley normal can demotivate you slightly.

Thanks
  • drisner
    drisner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning then went to the gym and burned 657 cals, ate my 1500 cals for today.

I then weighed myself out of interest tonight and I had put on 3lbs, now I know that will take into consideration the food I have eaten today still sitting in my stomach even although I have been to the toilet tonight.

I am just asking out of interest how long the cals burnt will take to reduce my body weight?

Thanks

I generally see a two day lag. That is, if I have a really good day or a really bad day, it isn't the next morning I see it on the scale, it is the morning after that. However, as others have said, sometimes you gain a lot or lose a lot from one day to another for no apparent reason.

Weight during the day is all over the place for me. I just weigh myself in the morning with just my boxers on after my morning bathroom trip and before doing anything else.