Christmas ideas?

Options
t_rog
t_rog Posts: 363 Member
I am absolutely terrible at thinking up christmas ideas for people, i'll admit this. So i'm looking to see if my fellow MFP's have any good suggestions. I'm looking for a few gifts for my 22 year old boyfriend. Have any of you bought/done anything creative for a boyfriend? Any help would be appreciated :)

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Guys don't care about creativity. Get him a gadget.
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    I also need a gift idea and my boyfriend is the same age. Help!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Gadgets work!! 2TB hard drive back up for his mac PC. It's a secret, don't tell him!! Lol!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Tickets to a sport he loves? My guy loves hockey, so I got him a pair of tickets to see his fav team playing in early Jan. :flowerforyou:
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yup, gifts from the heart will get you fake hugs. Gadgets will get real, awesome high fives.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Modern Warfare 3, it seems all guys like that.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    The unfortunate thing is, he buys almost every gadget (that I could afford) for himself! That's why I need to get a littttle more creative haha
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If he's a coffee person you can make him a coffee mug, it can be really cheap, all you need is a plain mug and some ceramic pens from an art store. Then you can stencil, draw. or write something special on it.
    Then you shove something inside the mug. Such as a little tech toys, tickets, gift card, or other paraphernalia.

That's what I'm getting my cat for x-mas, same thing though.
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My boyfriends easy. Anything having to do with dirtbikes and he's a happy camper!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Pick a destination point somewhere to do a quick weekend road trip.

Go here:
    http://www.ghosttowns.com/

Find some awesome ghost towns between where you are and your destination. Bring your camera. Take your time, nail him somewhere along the way so he'll remember this trip. And have fun at your destination.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think you should go with experiences over things, I don't think a gadget is very personal, but like others said, tickets to a sporting event or concert for a band he likes. You could do a stocking of little things like a bottle of wine or liquor, cologne, an ornament that has some special meaning, or with a pic of you, there are those "food of the month" clubs if there was something he liked you could get him a subscription so he gets beer, wine, steak, bacon, or something like that, every month for a year.
    Other fun things/experiences: indoor skydiving, drive a luxury car, go-karts or race cars that go super-fast...
    You didn;t say how much you wanted to spend, so there are those limitations, but hopefully that gives you some more ideas.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Many years ago, when my husband was my BFF, I bought 12 small-medium gifts and did the 12 days of Christmas for him. I wrote on the tags "On the first day of Christmas my good friend gave to me...", "On the second day of Christmas my good friend gave to me...", etc. He still remembers what I did all these years later :heart:
  • amysj303
    Options

Go here:

Find some awesome ghost towns between where you are and your destination. Bring your camera. Take your time, nail him somewhere along the way so he'll remember this trip. And have fun at your destination.
    This is a great idea, but it is a bit harder to wrap:tongue:
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I think you should go with experiences over things, I don't think a gadget is very personal, but like others said, tickets to a sporting event or concert for a band he likes. You could do a stocking of little things like a bottle of wine or liquor, cologne, an ornament that has some special meaning, or with a pic of you, there are those "food of the month" clubs if there was something he liked you could get him a subscription so he gets beer, wine, steak, bacon, or something like that, every month for a year.
    Other fun things/experiences: indoor skydiving, drive a luxury car, go-karts or race cars that go super-fast...
    You didn;t say how much you wanted to spend, so there are those limitations, but hopefully that gives you some more ideas.

This sounds good.
    Or just a stocking of lil things that you know he likes or that reminds you of your relationship.
    A gift card to his fav store (so impersonal, i know but guys dont care. Lol.)
    Something regarding his fav sport, memorabilia or tickets.
    I got my boyfriend a really nice watch and a nice outfit including shoes. Hes simple tho and loves clothes. Lol.
    I wish you luck.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Many years ago, when my husband was my BFF, I bought 12 small-medium gifts and did the 12 days of Christmas for him. I wrote on the tags "On the first day of Christmas my good friend gave to me...", "On the second day of Christmas my good friend gave to me...", etc. He still remembers what I did all these years later :heart:
    That is such a great idea!
    Did you know the 12 days of Christmas are actually the 12 days after Christmas? I just found that out last year...
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Have you tried putting on something sexy and wrapping yourself up?! Lol.

I just recommended that to my best friend who also moved her mom in and has a 1 year old daughter. Her husband is coming back from basic for christmas....

She is renting a really nice hotel with a jet tub for 2
    Getting the romance package (decor, wine, swedish massage ect)
    and then gonna, of course, wear something really sexy for him.

Its simple & you can both enjoy it.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

Go here:

This is a great idea, but it is a bit harder to wrap:tongue:
    But quite easy to UNwrap. :wink:
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Modern Warfare 3, it seems all guys like that.

... and girls... btw it is good. I love playing :wink:
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    A coupon book of things you can do for him... take that any way you want. I actually asked my husband for coupons for foot massages.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    have you thought about giving him something that he can use everyday.... a great travel coffee mug or a bodem/keurig coffee maker, a great set of quality sheets (granted those might be for you too), a nice wallet or money clip with his monogram.............