Most filling...

Options
What are your most filling/satisfying foods that are small in the calorie department?

Replies

• sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    What are your most filling/satisfying foods that are small in the calorie department?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

CUCUMBERS!! like 40 calories for a whole one
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bananas- 110 calories
    dannon light and fit yogurt- 80 calories
    kashi granola bars- 120 calories
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Grape tomatoes. 3 oz had 25 calories.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Pickles! Dill pickles actually work as an appettite suppresent and there are 0 - 3 calories for the wee ones.

Green beans. I can eat cut green beans like candy. And I can have a can for 60 calories (watch the sodium though, best to get the low sodium ones) I also bake okra. Cut up the okra, spray with pam, sprinkle a little cornmeal and flour over it and stick it in the oven for 20 minutes. YUM.

Popcorn too! Try out those popcorn seasonings you can buy at the store instead of using butter/salt. :bigsmile: I can have half a bag of popcorn with that seasoning for about 100 cals.
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    :smile: Thanks, everyone. I needed some fresh ideas.:heart:
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    Fat free cottage cheese - 1/2 cup is 80 calories and 14g of protein :)
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    raw sprouted almonds, raisins, apples, oatmeal, yup cottage cheese with pineapple chunks mmm!

Cashew nut butter toast, Wasa crackers with a bit of tuna/lightly spread on them, hard boiled eggs, Healthy Grain pita pocket with anything from Cnut Butter to tuna inside.

Ahhh and here's new to me fun one and yummy too. A whole wheat tortilla with some cashew nut butter spread across the whole thing with a small uncut banana placed inside, then make a wrap of it!! Good stuff, easy to travel with or eat as you're getting ready if need be.

Hope something here will jump out at you to try:flowerforyou:

Ok, again highly recommending the banana deal!:laugh: :tongue:

FC:heart:
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how many calories is your ww tortilla? The lowest I can find here for the large ones is 160 cals, and the smaller ones are 120, I think. Can you suggest a brand name or a place to buy them?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how many calories is your ww tortilla? The lowest I can find here for the large ones is 160 cals, and the smaller ones are 120, I think. Can you suggest a brand name or a place to buy them?
    I'm out currently but will hit the Health Food store tomorrow after the gym, I'll let you know here or PM you with the info SF:bigsmile: They are organtic Whole Wheat and I don't think they are very high in cals, but I'll double check the nutrition value when I get some more.
    :flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    :smile: bumpin' to jog your memory, FC:heart:
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bumping for a newbie:blushing:
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Melba toast and salsa!!!!
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    A whole head of Romaine lettuce (or 2 or 3) with fat free Italian dressing. You'll weigh more the next day from all the bulk, but there are only 30 cal or so per head.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Also, I know a lot of people here slam Slim Fast, but I just had a low carb shake on top of a full glass of water and I feel like I have a brick in my stomach. 190 calories, with 20g of protein, 4g of fiber.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :smile: bumpin' to jog your memory, FC:heart:
    me TOO! They were out at my Coop when I went to buy some yesterday SF:sad: :laugh:
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have been getting whole wheat tortillas at Sam's Club. It is a big package for under $5. Each tortilla is 100 calories. They are the Santa Fe Tortilla Company brand.
    They also have 13g carbs, 4g fat, 8g protein and 7g fiber!
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    I have been getting whole wheat tortillas at Sam's Club. It is a big package for under $5. Each tortilla is 100 calories. They are the Santa Fe Tortilla Company brand.

Hmmm... can you give me a name brand? I don't know what Sam's Club is, but we don't have one here that I know of.

I made Black Bean Quesidillas tonight, which are so incredibly healthy and delicious, but it is so aggrevating that most of my calories are coming from my *stupid* tortillas!:grumble:

Well, maybe I'll check out a health food store like FC.
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Hmmm... can you give me a name brand? I don't know what Sam's Club is, but we don't have one here that I know of.

I made Black Bean Quesidillas tonight, which are so incredibly healthy and delicious, but it is so aggrevating that most of my calories are coming from my *stupid* tortillas!:grumble:

Well, maybe I'll check out a health food store like FC.

The tortillas are made by Santa Fe Tortilla Company. (FYI - Sam's club is like Costco, but a WalMart company) Good Luck!