Is MFP Forever?

Options
13»

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I will keep doing this for as long as this site is around. It's all that works and I love it!!!
  • lthomas42
    lthomas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It's smart to watch what you eat. If you stop logging your food and exercise the moment you hit your goal, chances are you'll eat too much and lose track and next think you know you've gained it all back.

The smart thing to do is keep logging your diaries for at least a few months and slowly add more food and maintain your goal weight. Once you've worked on mainting for a while, then slowly stop logging if you want to. Don't just drop it when you hit your goal.
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think keeping a food journal is just a part of a healthy lifestyle, whether you are at your goal weight or not. It will help with maintaining your weight. So whether or not you decide to continue using MFP, you should definately keep a daily log of the foods you eat to keep yourself on track.

Yes I agree!
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I have been at goal or near goal for about seven years.

I switched from WW points when they changed to points plus to MFP.

I will forever track. I have stopped tracking a few times what I eat and guess what, I end up gaining. At first, I do well maintaining without journaling but then I get relaxed and my portions get bigger and choices not so good.

So for me, I must journal.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    As long as this site is around. I will be on here.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Is MFP Forever?

Is this real life?
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I think keeping a food journal is just a part of a healthy lifestyle, whether you are at your goal weight or not. It will help with maintaining your weight. So whether or not you decide to continue using MFP, you should definately keep a daily log of the foods you eat to keep yourself on track.

+1 more

i've always been at my goal wt, and use mfp primarily to make sure i'm eating healthier.
  • VinVenture
    Options
    After reached goal weight and started getting those sexy, feminine non-visible muscles. (which will take a small while, I think). By then I should have fair knowledge of how many kcal I get through what foods, and know just about how much food is enough. Then again, I'm a creature of habit and eat the same thing every weekday (same breakfast, somewhat same lunch, different dinners every day of the week, but the same every week).
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    never thought about it. but I really enjoy logging and since it tends to also fall into my OCD tendencies i'll still be doing it. lol :)
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Food (aka calories) is the same thing. It’s a resource and I’ll always have to keep track of the quality and quantity. I don’t think about this as just losing weight. It’s about quality control.

^^^^^^^^ this