Portions

Options
Is it just me, or do you find that since you started dieting, the amount of food you can eat in one meal, is a LOT smaller than before? I mean, I start feeling bloated and nauseous if I try to eat too much. It's so weird.

Replies

• Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, or do you find that since you started dieting, the amount of food you can eat in one meal, is a LOT smaller than before? I mean, I start feeling bloated and nauseous if I try to eat too much. It's so weird.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    most definately especially my meat portions
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I've definitely noticed that too! I went to Mongolian BBQ with a friend and I used to be able to polish off 3 bowls easily..and yesterday, I could BARELY finish 2!!! Honestly, I think I would have been perfect with just 1, but it tasted SOOO good!! :)
  • peterpandabear06
    Options
    Yes, I agree. We ordered pizza yesterday, and previously I would have been able to eat 4 pieces no problem. And yesterday, I had 2 and was completely satisfied!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I've definitely noticed that too! I went to Mongolian BBQ with a friend and I used to be able to polish off 3 bowls easily..and yesterday, I could BARELY finish 2!!! Honestly, I think I would have been perfect with just 1, but it tasted SOOO good!! :)

MMMmmm! I love Mongolian BBQ! It is sooo good that I get stuffed trying to finish an over stuffed small bowl but I love the flavor soo much I don't care... dangerous. (by the way I used to eat a medium now I am satisfied with 3/4 of a small bowl)
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Me, too!!:smile: I was thinking the same thing yesterday! It feels great! It also reminds me how much I was over-eating before and how off my portion sizes were!:noway:
  • Islandgirl74
    Options

I used to eat Mongolian BBQ when I lived in NJ ALL the time. It was walking distance from my college campus. Soooooo yummy.
  • Islandgirl74
    Options
    It does feel good to eat less at a meal. Yay!
  • timetoembrace
    Options
    ohhh yes:embarassed:

When I first started this weight loss thing, I set down and figured out what and how much I was eating....turns out I was eating a total of 3500 CAL a day:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: ....no wonder I was over weight.

But here is the thing. I only ate 3 meals a day and I was eating foos that were good for me...just too much.

I didnt understand portions and how to eat corectly until i joined a weight loss class recently. Thanks to some SMART people there and on this site I am learning more everyday and the weight is coming off. SLOWLY.:grumble:

Now I am down to 1400-1500 cal a day and I dont get hungry at all. Sometimes I even have to make myself eat. :smile: