Ok, Day 7 Results of 30 Day Shred

Options
Since last Tuesday I've lost:
1 pound
Arms: 1/4 in
Thighs: 1/4 in
Waist: 1/2 in
Hips: 1/2 in

I'm so happy with the quick results. I'm attaching 1 before/after pic, there's hardly any change except it looks like my side/back roll seems to have diminished a tad. I'm so excited to see more results next week and I'm dreading starting on Level 2 this Friday.

2152-1.jpg
016-1.jpg

Replies

• LoonyBird720
    LoonyBird720 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well, I tried to embed the pics in the post but it wouldn't work. Any ideas?
  • vilet0110
    Options
    You looked like you've toned up some. Great start! I've heard 30 day sred, but I'm not sure what the program is. Please enlighten me. Thanks.
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You can tell you've toned up a bit.

30 Day Shred is a Jillian Michael's workout program (it's wicked cheap too if you buy it from walmart it's like $10).
    Anyways, I just finished my 30 days and I've seen some way better results than what I had but I lost 6 lbs and 4.5 inches!

I think I'll redo it again, but I just restarted Insanity and there is no effin way I can do both lol =)

Good luck to you! Your results will be amazing!
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference in your legs, much more toned in the second pic. And yes, the sideroll is mostly gone!

I started 30ds today...
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference also. I did L2D1 today... it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. i didn't take pics but I lost about 1/2 inch all around but I lost 2 inches from my torso... now I know why I had to keep adjusting the strap on my HRM.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 17 today, I waited until day 15 to compare my new measurements - 1" off my thighs, 1" off my butt/hips, 2" off my belly at the navel, 1" off my natural waist, 0.5" off my arms. And that's only halfway through! Just wait, Level 2 is a beast and you will start to see even better results. It gets much more challenging in level 2, especially the ab exercises. I'm scared of level 3! LOL
  • LoonyBird720
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!! :) I'm interested to see how Level 2 goes...I'm sure I'll work through it!

To all my fellow shredders, what size weights are you using?

I'm using my 3 lbs most of the time and then for the chest flys I'm using 5 lbs.
  • richelle67
    Options
    Wow, you can really see a difference! Great job~!
    Richelle67
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!! :) I'm interested to see how Level 2 goes...I'm sure I'll work through it!

To all my fellow shredders, what size weights are you using?

I'm using my 3 lbs most of the time and then for the chest flys I'm using 5 lbs.

For level one I ended up using 5 lb weights for most things but still used 3 lb on a couple exercises. For level 2 I started out alternating between 1 and 3, then after a couple days I was able to upgrade most of the 3's to 5's and some of the 1's to 3's. I'm still pitiful with a couple of the strength moves (there is a military press where you're standing on one leg, and also a chair squat with a v-raise that kills my shoulders, but I think I'm almost ready to try 3 lb for both of those and see what happens). Let me reiterate I started out in HORRIBLE shape so these little upgrades are a big deal for me. LOL
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I will definitely have to look into this 30 Day shred, here! Keep it going, and good luck! :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    I will definitely have to look into this 30 Day shred, here! Keep it going, and good luck! :)

It's only $9 at Target and Walmart, go for it! You will not be sorry! (except maybe the first few days while you are possibly sore LOL - but then you will see results!)
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    How exciting! What great changes in just 7 days!! I just finished Day 4, though I've done two strength training days in there, too. I'm using three lb weights, which is fine for most everything in level one, but I think I need 8 lbs for flys (flies? Lol) and maybe 5 lb to row. I also like to do flys on a ball or Bosu, so I think I'm going to do that.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    you can see a difference...great job!! I just started L1D1 yesterday and have been seeing mixed opinions on doing it everyday vs taking one day off... so I woke up very sore today and really wanted to do it again but decided on taking the day off but did zumba for 20 minutes...hopefully I can see results once I complete it.. (its very hard for me at just barely below 300lbs) but I am determined to not use my weight as an excuse:smile:
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Can really see it in the hips/legs and back... Great work! Keep it up, I'm looking forward for more great things from you!
  • LoonyBird720
    Options
    How exciting! What great changes in just 7 days!! I just finished Day 4, though I've done two strength training days in there, too. I'm using three lb weights, which is fine for most everything in level one, but I think I need 8 lbs for flys (flies? Lol) and maybe 5 lb to row. I also like to do flys on a ball or Bosu, so I think I'm going to do that.

Maybe I'll try 8 lbs for my flys tonight, I definitely can't do anything but 3s for the shoulder stuff...ouch!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!