Weekend binger

Options
How do people get around weekends. I do really well during the week at work, eat right exercise but on weekends it all hangs out again. end of year party's to attend beers with friends then start the week at where i was the previous week. so work hard to have my weekend but no weight loss. How have others combatted this.

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. It's a work in progress. Last weekend, I said I'm going to improve one weekend day and go from there. Somehow I managed to do very well Saturday and Sunday.
    Another weekend is coming up... I'm going to try to be good at least one day.. but maybe I'll get lucky and do well both days! Here is to hoping.

My point is "small improvements" will help. Improve half a day on the weekends.. and go from there. Improve one bar outing with your friends, then improve your lunch or your breakfast, etc. Baby steps... I believe changes can happen.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    if i bing i work it off!!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    This has proven to be the biggest challenge for me too. I can do well for the whole entire week then BAM it's Friday night...there's beer in the fridge and friends to hang out with. LOL then that turns to pizza...it's terrible I know but if I can't have fun once a week then what's the point of living, ya know? So far, as long as I stick to a strict exercise schedule and stay under my calorie goal everyday but Friday I'm fine. I'll tell you what though. NO plateaus since then. :D

My suggestion: have ONE night off if you want (pick Fri. Sat. or Sun. since you love weekends like everyone). work out hard. don't stress. :drinker:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I become to believe that my body wants weekends too. Every weekend, it doesn't matter what I eat or what I do for exercise, I always gain a couple of pounds on Monday morning. How strange!
  • ProperFlower
    ProperFlower Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree - I definitely believe in the one "cheat day" a week system because it keeps me sane. And by cheat day, I don't mean all out binge until I feel sick - I mean having fun with my friends and enjoying what I want in a normal moderation without even allowing myself to think about calories. If I didn't do this, I feel like I'd be cheating my friends sometimes by not wanting to hang out and do things with them. AND it prevents real binges because I get to enjoy the "bad" things I want without thinking of them as "bad!"
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Try limiting it to 1 day. You don't have to **** off ALL weekend, do you?
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. It's a work in progress. Last weekend, I said I'm going to improve one weekend day and go from there. Somehow I managed to do very well Saturday and Sunday.
    Another weekend is coming up... I'm going to try to be good at least one day.. but maybe I'll get lucky and do well both days! Here is to hoping.

My point is "small improvements" will help. Improve half a day on the weekends.. and go from there. Improve one bar outing with your friends, then improve your lunch or your breakfast, etc. Baby steps... I believe changes can happen.

THIS !!! ive been stalled for MONTHS...and i did very well overall....yeah, i had a hangover sunday BUT i didnt have a hangover saturday AND sunday...its the small things :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    follow this re drinking.
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

Be active & get in some exercise.
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have to have Monday be my weigh in day...that helps to keep me accountable throughout the weekend.
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't go out anymore :-/ I still enjoy my bacardi on the weekend, don't get me wrong. There's just too much temptation here in Chicago: the land of pizza and microbrew beers!