Need advice please someone! Anyone!

Options
2»

Replies

• Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    This is where you can be in just five months (see ticker), so don't be discouraged, and make sure you're making some lasting eating habits, not just "dieting"! To be successful in the long term, you must enjoy what you are eating on a daily basis! Good luck to everyone! :drinker:
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Monda,

How many calories are you eating per day? If your net calories are under 1200 per day (calories consumed-calories burned), then your body could be in starvation mode and hoarding calories. Sometimes upping your calories, even by just 150-200 per day, is enough to get the fire burning again. Also, try getting most of your calories from protein, and keep your carbohydrates limited to non-white ones, like those found in whole grains and vegetables. I hope this helps! And if you're lifting weights, you could be making dramatic changes in your body composition and measurements, but they won't be reflected on the scale alone. Body fat calipers can let you know what kind of progress you're making.

Michelle
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks again to everyone for the support! It really does mean a lot to me to know someone does care enought to take the time to listen and respond to someone else's burdens. Hope I can do the same for you in your time of need! Have a great day!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! And let us know how you're doing.
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    I just want to say thank you to Monda and EVERYone that replied to her.

I've been having a really hard time with weight loss too, and am super discouraged. I've been working out and eating basically good, since last July (with the exeption of taking off Dec. and Jan, but I didn't gain any wieght during then.) and haven't lost anything, actually I had a "bad" weekend and gained 2 lbs a few weeks ago and can't seem to get those off!

BUT! I really wanted to write and ask advice, then I found this thread, and decided that I'm going to suck it up, try even harder and not worry about what I "weigh" for a while. I'll just exercise more and eat even better. Because all you have given me a new hope and new energy. Thank you so much for your support to anyone and everyone that is on this site!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Your body is probably still in "What the heck are you doing to me?" mode. Like others have said, keep it up if you want to see long-term changes! If you're working out every day, you may get burned out, so do give yourself a break! Good Luck!
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Laurabelle,

Such a good attitude!:flowerforyou: Losing weight is HARD work, and its easy to get discouraged. You just have to look for that "voice" that told you to begin your weight loss journey in the first place, and keep listening to it.:wink:
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Laurabelle,

Such a good attitude!:flowerforyou: Losing weight is HARD work, and its easy to get discouraged. You just have to look for that "voice" that told you to begin your weight loss journey in the first place, and keep listening to it.:wink:

This is so true! Thanks so much!:smooched:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Laurabelle,

That voice works wonders!