Vodka!

Options
I stopped drinking vodka because I thought I would lose weight faster. I like to drink one to two vodka/diets at night. If you check, my weight loss STOPPED when I gave up vodka. Last vodka on 11/25/2011 and last loss was 11/26/11 AM.

When I was on LA Weight Loss back in 2005 I lost 30+ lbs and I drank almost every night, worked out (cardio) everyday and ate one salad and usually chicken wings or thin crust pizza for snack.

I have been going to the gym everyday (mostly, missed 3 days I think in the last month) I burn 700+ calories on the eliptical and walk my dog 20 minutes a day. Been trying to eat mostly healthy stuff, slip now and then, nothing crazy.

I guess this is a plateau. Should I resume my vodka? Thanks for your input

Replies

• JennyJacobsen
    JennyJacobsen Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey did U know they make Light Vodka now, That is what I drink with diet soda or whatever. I had 7 shots tonight and it was only 240 calories! I can drink more and not get hungover Just love it. Oh and I still have a few drinks and I have lost 20 pounds so far in 6 weeks.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I drink 3-4 nights a week. And almost every morning after, the scale reflects a loss. Drink up! :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    alcohol dehydrates you..so if you tend to carry a lot of water weight a shot of vodka will help :drinker:

It's a weird balance..dieting and enjoying an adult beverage.
    Check out a group here that talks about it. Join in!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/622-like-minded-lushes
  • BabyBubbles31
    Options
    I drink 3-4 nights a week. And almost every morning after, the scale reflects a loss. Drink up! :drinker:

Wow! This is awesome amazing news... I too gave up drinking because everyone said I couldn't lose weight if I continued my normal amount of drinking. lol. . . Thanks for posting :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is awesome amazing news... I too gave up drinking because everyone said I couldn't lose weight if I continued my normal amount of drinking. lol. . . Thanks for posting :)
    I suppose I must clarify...I'm on a low carb diet, and my drink of choice is usually gin and diet tonic. zero carbs. Or dry red wine...very low carbs.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Yeah, DON'T give up VODKA! You can drink in moderation. I've started drinking straight Martini's... they last longer, I sip em, and get to eat those giant olives at the end of it... saturated with vodka... YUM.. Plus I get the best buzz. No hangovers.
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Vodka is my vice of choice - love it and wont give it up. Many may frown upon this but i have lost 63 lbs since i started at the end of April so i think im doing just fine! Ive learned its all about holding yourself accountable. I always count all my calories whether food or beverage and so far so good!! So i say cheers :-)
  • tstorr
    tstorr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    YEAH! Thanks so much for twisting my arm!
  • tstorr
    Options
    Hey did U know they make Light Vodka now, That is what I drink with diet soda or whatever. I had 7 shots tonight and it was only 240 calories! I can drink more and not get hungover Just love it. Oh and I still have a few drinks and I have lost 20 pounds so far in 6 weeks.

Who makes light vodka, which brand? This is amazing news!! Congrats on the loss too BTW
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Moderate alcohol consumption is good for overall health, and can also assist in weight loss. Moderate drinkers tend to have healthier weights than non-drinkers.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    That's what I want to know - who makes the light Vodka???
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Moderate alcohol consumption is good for overall health, and can also assist in weight loss. Moderate drinkers tend to have healthier weights than non-drinkers.

yup. i still drink, in moderation, and have continued to experience weight loss.
  • CurlyQTee
    Options

Who makes light vodka, which brand? This is amazing news!! Congrats on the loss too BTW
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is the light vodka? http://www.volispirits.com/#Home
  • tstorr
    Options
    Light vodka..........................................................http://www.volispirits.com

They sell it in Bev Mo here in the bay area, check the website it gives you places to buy at.

I think this is the best news all day,
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Voli Nutritional Info per 1 fl. oz

Lyte

Cal 48
    Lemon

Cal 53
    Orange Vanilla

Cal 53

Espresso Vanilla

Cal 53
    Raspberry Cocoa

Cal 52

Voli Nutritional Info per 1.5 fl. oz

Lyte

Cal 74
    Carbs 0
    Protein 0
    Fat 0

Lemon

Cal 81
    Carbs 1
    Protein 0
    Fat 0

Orange Vanilla

Cal 81
    Carbs 2
    Protein 0
    Fat 0

Espresso Vanilla

Cal 81
    Carbs 1
    Protein 0
    Fat 0

Raspberry Cocoa

Cal 80
    Carbs 2
    Protein 0
    Fat 0
  • tstorr
    Options
    ^^^^^^ Nice, love those numbers
  • tigersword
    Options
    Regular vodka is only 70 calories an ounce. If you're going to drink it, drink the real stuff.:drinker:
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

Light vodka? Are they just adding water to it? If you had 7 shots and weren't hungover, that what it sounds like they are doing. Alcohol has 7 calories per gram, so I'm not sure how they can make that any less.
  • tigersword
    Options
    Well, Vodka is only 40% alcohol. Real vodka anyway, not sure what "light" vodka even is...