A double edge sword!

Options
I don't know what goes through my mind sometimes, I have a problem when it comes to my weight loss that gets me every time!! On my weight loss journeys before I would do awesome and loss the weight and the moment someone would say to me "R u losing weight" or "u look great, whatca doing" and I would tell them and keep it moving. BUT then My mind gets me in trouble! My mind says to my mouth, "Ur doing so good, u can eat that!" and then I cant stop and I gain it all back! Which brings me to today... I have a couple of things that are NSV, Losing the weight that I have I can tell in my jeans and now my ring is getting to the point where I need to soon get it resized! And I'm thinking to myself "Why hasn't anyone said anything about my weight!?!" I want those words to come out of the mouths of friends and family but not hearing it! But then wondering if I need to remind myself what happens all those other times. I def don't want to gain it back and this time I won't gain it back b/c I'm too damn determined! I gotta look good for my wedding!! So I guess this is just a rant and wondering if anyone else gets this way? And what do you do to turn it around? Any advice u all can give on that is appericated!
Thanks!

Replies

• sryan8408
    Options
    No one ever said anything about my weight loss til I hit around 20lbs. Which I just recently hit. The thing that kept me going was setting my own personal goals like 5 lbs, new workout clothes. 10 lbs pedicure. Giving myself non-food related praise. It worked really well. Especially the pedicure because I treated myself to the deluxe one where they do the mask etc. And recently at 20 lbs I got new shoes. Nothing inspires you to workout than brand new shoes to try out lol. Good luck and congradulations on the weight loss! Just know that the only person you need acknowledgement from is yourself because you are doing this for you and not for anyone else!
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what your saying, I have the same issue with hearing compliments and then turning around and eating. UGH, I'm not sure why I do this but I can definately see where your coming from! You are doing an amazing job and I'm sure it is very obvious. The only person who matters is you and your fiance. :) I can see just by reading his replies that he is sooo proud of you. All of us as your friends are proud of you as well! What I keep trying to say to myself is ,,,, not only am I turning into a new person on the outside ,,, on the inside I am also turning into this new person! We are going to LOVE this new person, and we can get through this,,, YOU can get through this,,, You are going to be a gorgeous bride on your special day! HUGS!
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks both of you! I am going to try ans set some of those mini "non food" goals! I am proud of myself and thankful to my friends on here for all the support. I guess I just wish I could hear from other people that they can see how hard I have been working! Just a lil BTW... I have now lost a total of 24 lbs now. Just 15 through MFP! 1 more lb gone as of this a.m! I know it was super hard for me to see the loss at 1st but now that I am seeing it I want others to see it too!