Is it normal to have your TOM drastically shorten....

Options
I started exercising the first day of my last cycle. It went from 5 days to 2. This month barely a day. Hubby is bring home a pregnancy test but I seriously doubt that is the case. I am a clockwork girl. This is really weird. Also, not breaking out like I usually do. Is this normal?

Update...took two pregnancy tests with inconclusive results. Really? One more soon, hopefully. (When I say inconclusive, not even the test line showed up)

Replies

• rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    good question.. mine is never regular, but recently it's been more off-schedule than normal. it lasts 1 day, but comes every 3weeks :P
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Mine has been off track the past like 4 months. I used to be very regular. Now it's kind of random & way shorter & lighter than normal.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Are you using birth control pills?

For me, there is a significant correlation between how much I work out and when my TOM starts. Before I started exercising and using MFP, I would take all 7 place holder pills and my TOM would usually start the same day as my new Birth Control pack.

I can tell that my exercise routine has significantly increased my metabolism because my TOM comes half-way through my place holder week and is usually done before I start my new Birth Control pack.

One month I was slacking a biton exercise and my TOM came later... kind of freaked me out until I realized what was going on.

Mine is definitely shorter by at least a day and I have fewer symptoms in general!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    nope. we use condoms. BC failed us for child #1. I just wish it would answer either way.... stupid inconclusive tests 1 & 2.
  • change_happens
    Options
    I started exercising the first day of my last cycle. It went from 5 days to 2. This month barely a day. Hubby is bring home a pregnancy test but I seriously doubt that is the case. I am a clockwork girl. This is really weird. Also, not breaking out like I usually do. Is this normal?

Update...took two pregnancy tests with inconclusive results. Really? One more soon, hopefully. (When I say inconclusive, not even the test line showed up)

My cycle changed and sometimes I would have an extremely long cycle or I would miss a cycle. This all started when I began exercising. Now, you can skip cycles if you exercise too much, this happens to women athletes all of the time. In my case it was because a thyroid issue surfaced. Imagine... getting healthy to realize you aren't healthy...

See your doc and ask for your thyroid to be checked out.
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    When I went into Basic Training for the Army, I didn't have a period for about 6 months. When you drastically increase your physical activity, it can make your periods lighter or disappear completely for a while
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

My cycle changed and sometimes I would have an extremely long cycle or I would miss a cycle. This all started when I began exercising. Now, you can skip cycles if you exercise too much, this happens to women athletes all of the time. In my case it was because a thyroid issue surfaced. Imagine... getting healthy to realize you aren't healthy...

See your doc and ask for your thyroid to be checked out.

My doctor said if it's a full two months and no bleeding, I need to get mine rechecked.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Try again in the morning. False negatives are a possibility early on but false positives are practically impossible unless you have endocrine problems.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    NEGATIVE! Just all that working out. Sweet!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Try again in the morning. False negatives are a possibility early on but false positives are practically impossible unless you have endocrine problems.

Or maybe if you're on the HCG diet! :laugh:
  • AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I wish that would happen to me I hate my cycle!!