bowflex treadclimber

Options
Does anyone on here have/use one of these? What is your opinion of the workout on one? Is it as effective as the commercials say?

Replies

• applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested in this as well. Also wondering how it compares to an elliptical.
  • TXMayFlower
    Options
    I have one and I LOVE IT! It comes with the heart rate monitor that you wear around your chest and it is VERY accurate. I also wear my HRM on my wrist and they are exactly the same measurement. I burn about 685 calories in a one hour workout. I do the climbing for 30-40 minutes and then walk with just the treadmill option (the "treadalls" lock into the down position so you can use it as a treadmill) for 20 minutes. I am soaking wet with sweat in the first 10-15 minutes. My heart rate gets up to 150-160 during the "climbing" workout whereas when I am on the treadmill at the gym I barely get to 120. I have also noticed a lot more toning in my thighs and I feel it in my abs after the workout. I highly recommend it!!!

Side note: Although you can walk on it like a treadmill, you can not go faster than about 3.5 MPH, so you can not run on it like a regular treadmill, but it does work great as the warmup and cool down before and after the climbing workout.

ETA: Compared to the elliptical, it is great for me. I have bad knees and couldn't last on an elliptical. I have no problem on the treadclimber.