Need advice please help!!!

Options
Hello, I need help I need to lose 140lbs. I already lost 40 lbs. but I keep gaining and losing the same 10lbs and I keep doing the same thing, somebody told me that if I eliminated sugars,fat and flour I would lose weight. I was eating egg omelet or oatmeal for breakfast,salad for lunch and dinner, for snacks i would eat either a yogurt, fruit or a cheese string with fruit but I am not losing weight I am diabetic and I need to lose weight because I want to have a baby and my time is passing bye please advice me thank you

ara

Replies

• dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories, going over calories, working out, drinking water?

I rarely ask to see someone's diary but it would be helpful for people to give you advice if you opened yours up.
  • bunny0208
    bunny0208 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1600-1800 cal per day , I drink 2 liters of water and for workout I was doing 2 hrs of recumbent bike, of course in 30 mins, then I would rest, after a snack i would do another 30mins. I notice that if i do less exercise like only 30min per day I would lose more weight but the problem is that for ex. one week i lose 5 lbs. then next week i gain 2 lbs so I dont know whats happening. Sometimes I get desperately and I start to eat and eat, I gain 5 lbs in these days and I dont know what to do. My weight is 260lbs :cry: and my height is 5'6 thank u
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I did a calculation with the info you gave, plus your age I found on your profile, and your BMR would be around 1,921. So I'm assuming that your maintnce would be around 2,113 (if you are sedentary). Maybe try lowering your cal intake to 1400-1600 instead of 1600-1800. This would set you up to lose about 1-1.5lbs per week. Then once you are comfortable with that move down to 1200-1400 to lose about 2lbs per week.

Make sure to eat your exercise cals. Meaning if you burn 300 cals that day, add around 300 cals to your diet that day. I know that sounds odd, but that is how MFP is set up and it works.

Most importantly, don't give up! You've done great losing the first 40lbs!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Try upping your protein intake