Tortilla pizza!

BarbWhite09
BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
So, i'd seen stuff online about making tortilla pizzas...

I just put a tortilla, added meat spaghetti sauce and part skim cheese to it, on a medium high pan for like 5 mins...seriously, effing amazing. I thought it would taste like crap...My fiance is having me make him one [after he stole some of mine!] when I'm done procrastinating [Uh, I mean I'm busy doing something, give me a minute hunny!]

There's some more advanced recipes online but I legit just used cheap *kitten* items, all from Aldi to make it & it was awesome.

If I had topping to add to it...MMM.

:)

Replies

• CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 499 Member
    one of my favorites too!
    So easy and super yummy!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    We do that, too! I keep diced peppers and onions in the freezer to throw on it, too.
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    yummm i may make one tomorrow =)
  • I do that too in my toaster oven since i'm at college .. but seriously BEYOND amazing if you can spare the calories to do it on a pita instead.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    I do that too in my toaster oven since i'm at college .. but seriously BEYOND amazing if you can spare the calories to do it on a pita instead.
    Pita bread ones are good too, but I do like the Tortilla ones as well. Crumbled Goat Cheese is delish on it, left over chicken chunks, tons of veggies, the sky is the limit on Pita/Tortilla pizzas!

YAY for your new discovery!:wink::flowerforyou:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    :D:D
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    I had them 4 days this past week, nice light carb hit for using the tortilla instead of a traditional crust, and top 'em however you want... I did do mine in the oven instead of a frying pan but that's because everything was ready to be eaten I just wanted to melt the cheese.